We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XelHa???

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
XelHa???

Would you recommend a tour to XelHa and why?

Do you need the biodegradable sunscreen? if so anyone in Canada know where I can get it?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: XelHa???

I am curious about if it is cheaper to book from the hotel rep wait or until you are at Xel-ha, but now I think we will wait until we at GBP to book the excursion the day before so we will have an idea about how the weather will be the next day.

If we decide to go a second time while there then we will just take a taxi.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,242 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: XelHa???

Check the prices from your hotel to see if they can beat the $79 admission (each) and a taxi fare each way (likely $15 for 4 of you total)

Please let us know of the difference

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: XelHa???

"I bought Mexitan online before we went and all was fine. Just takes a little work to work it into your skin."

A tip that I found while researching....

You do not 'work/rub this into your skin!!!!

The method for this type of sunscreen is to work quickly to apply a thin layer/film over the top of your skin, and let dry.... ; )

London, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: XelHa???

We booked online got a good deal with xel ha .. Would 100% choose xcaret over xel ha though to be honest for this sort of day out we found it much nicer with lots more to do and a great show in the evening..

Just my view sure others prefer xel ha

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: XelHa???

Hi everyone. Just wondered what time the tour buses tend to arrive? If I can get there before them, then all the better. If you pay on entrance, do you pay in Peso or Dollars?

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: XelHa???

Been to Xel-ha twice (late January and early December). Picked weekdays to go and showed up as soon as it opened. Booked on line once and paid at ticket gate the second time. They take credit cards and have a pin reader so I felt comfortable using my Visa card. Didnt seem too busy both times we were there. Took collectivo once and taxi the next time. Except for the excessive speed they were driving I felt reasonably safe.

27. Re: XelHa???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 02:17