We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

What's the odds....2 people give a horrible review ... coincidentially stayed in the same building, same room and write the exact same final paragraph... guess they think the readers are stupid !

Some people are just idiots for trying to spoil it for others!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

Guess you didn't read them in full.....they were the same words CUT N PASTE....to bash a resort like this is not justifiyable nor apprpriate conduct to me....and frankly yes... IDIOTIC !

We're not even talking about people here folks...they are trolls who for some odd reason like to create unjustified and negative reviews of resorts.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

I think that two people, who obviously weren't trying to hide that they were in the same room, did not enjoy their stay at the GBP Coba. They both decided to submit reviews and used many of the same words because they are somehow related. It is only their opinion.

As soon as I read a few words in the second review I realized they were in the same group and stopped reading.

I don't agree with many of their statements as I have stayed at the GBP Riviera Maya twice and am going back in less than 3 months.

BUT I also do not agree with attacking them by calling them names. Challenge their statements and refute them if you can, but no need to be nasty.

Edited: 30 August 2010, 20:26
Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
13. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 06:54
wales
Level Contributor
325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

welllllll.........I cannot wait to go!!! 8 wks woooooooo hoooooo. Bogus reviews can carry on, im so looking forward to it. Far too many good reviews on here :) Hope to see some of u there!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

Have a great trip Daisy (and anyone else who is going soon)!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

That would be me this Sunday from Calgary.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

whoo hooo....meee tooooo is looking forward to getting there : )

Since I've been there before I know their opinions are too critical.... so there LOL !

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

I am soooo jealous Daisy and Darryl! I have 76 sleeps ... but who's counting!

Edited: 01 September 2010, 22:36
Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

As several people have already commented,and I have to add my voice to theirs, people who spend bundles of money on a holiday and do not do their research before travelling and then have the audacity to complain that there is no sea view at the coba (ALL websites, brochures etc clearly state that coba is a distance from the beach), or that they were told there would be wi-fi in the rooms (no, wifi is only available and only advertised as being available in the lobbies)-or tell bareface lies to add weight to their complaints (25-30 minutes to the beach-only if you were crawling their on your hands and knees), make me throw my hands up in despair!

Nowhere is perfect, and I love the Gran Bahia complex(have stayed at all three sections), but accept that it has its faults, but to complain about things that are obvious (-they speak a lot of spanish there)-really how suprising seeing as it is their national language!!, there are bugs-no really a hotel in the middle of the jungle in the tropics at the most humid time of year is damp and has bugs flying around-aw come on-GROW UP, DO YOUR RESEARCH AND USE SOME COMMON SENSE! I accept that people have a right to their own opinion-but to paint a picture as the coba being as bad as some recent reviews is just ludicrious, instead of looking for faults, research the area & hotel before you go, travel with respect for the locals and an open mind and you will enjoy yourself. I do those things and am looking forward to my 5th visit soon-and by the way yes I know about the hour and half journey from the airport-Thats cos I do my research!

20. Re: BOGUS reviews at Bahia Coba !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 00:17