We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

Woodstock, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

I know the whole currency thing has been discussed however, if we plan on doing tours what do we pay with?

1. Re: when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 07:02
Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

The best thing to do is to ask the tour company what they prefer. Then ask what their exchange rate is so you can get the best deal. Not to worry, though. US dollars will be accepted a lot more than everybody is talking about right now. I see no major changes even though "pesos are the currency of Mexico". Many companies prefer dollars and always will. Basically it has been my experience that for a lot of things what happens in Mexico City stays in Mexico City. When Mexico first went to daylight savings time many folks in Mexico's tourist areas just plain ignored the new law. Nothing wrong with that, in my book, because DST makes no sense anyway.

Indianapolis...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

We just got back from a week in Akumal. We had the choice of paying in US Dollars or Pesos everywhere we went and everything we did. At the current time, it doesn't seem that the locals care which you use. As said above, just check with the tour company, I bet they take whatever you'll give them.

4. Re: when doing a tour should you pay in pesos, US or CAN cash?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 00:17