We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Oshawa
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Hola folks,

If you've been, would you mind commenting on any differences you found between their regular Junior Suites and their Royal Golden Junior Suites? Our Ontario Canada tour operators seem to offer both, however I'd appreciate your personal experience and views.

Gracias!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

At the Akumal the Royal Golden section is closer to the water and has its own reception area. You will also get an extra a la-cart for every week you are there

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Other perks include the use of the computers in the Royal Golden lobby and robes, slippers and beach towels in the room. With the upgrade you can also eat breakfast and lunch in the Dolce Vita restaurant during busy season. The buffet is smaller, but there are fewer people and better service.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

From our supplier's website:

ROYAL GOLDEN

• Accommodation in spacious junior suites with whirlpool, located closest to the beach

• Concierge service with direct phone line

• 24-hour room service (light menu)

• 4 guaranteed reservations/week for à la carte dinners

• Separate check-in

• Full access to the Royal Golden Club House, a private lounge exclusive to Royal Golden guests

• Free printed press and Internet at the Royal Golden Club House

• Beach towels, bathrobes and slippers in room upon arrival

• Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks and beer)

• VIP room amenities (soaps and lotions)

• Turn-down service

• Welcome letter and distinct identification bracelet

• 24-hour snack, beer and non alcoholic beverage service

• Unlimited selected international drinks

• Admission to the disco and bars at Hacienda Doña Isabel (drinks included)

• Live music

• Introduction to scuba diving in pool (once/stay)

• Access to all services, facilities and activities at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum and Gran Bahia Principe Coba (except the Gourmet and buffet restaurants)

• Welcome cocktail and cold towel upon arrival

• Welcome letter and bottle of tequila

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
46,148 posts
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

MikeV: Have you been before?

Some of this stuff, you will never get

Most is available to anyone there (Golden or not)

Edited: 22 November 2011, 02:41
Oshawa
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Thank you my Akumal friends! Looking forward to learning much from you on the Akumal & Mayan Riviera area, as we look at a one week spring visit to that area. Our only knowledge of Mexico is a one-day stop at Cozumel/Playa del Carman/Tulum ruins, while on a cruise a few years ago. We are Gran Bahia [Punta Cana] fans, so that's why we're certain that we would enjoy GB Mexico!

Edmonton, AB Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

I stayed the in the Royal Golden Section in Tulum - bascially you get your own buffet separate from the large buffet for breakfast and lunch (this was near the Mexican Restaurant). I did get a bottle of tequila on arrival - a separate smaller lobby to check in with a welcome drink - there is also (or was) free internet to use. and an extra a la carte

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Hey offdutyOshawa, funny to see you here! Yes we too are rethinking next year's holiday and return to our roots at the Bahia Akumal, not 100%, but thinking about it. We are Bahia Ambar fans now, but hey still love Mexico.

Edited: 23 November 2011, 13:13
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Vancouversundog,

Yes we have been before and are returning Dec 2. Golden again for the suite location. I don't recall not getting any of the services listed but will be on the check this time.

Oshawa
Level Contributor
309 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Hey, that's great mikev. Please post a detailed review and many photos, and we wish you a tremendous time of sun and fun! Only a few more sleeps unitl you are in the sky.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
254 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe AKUMAL Royal Golden?

Another question for all of you who have been there...the robes and slippers...are they new "to keep" or just "to use" while there? i just want to know as others are asking. I personally wouldn't use them if they were used, but that's just me. :)