We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

south jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Has anyone stayed here recently? I don't see anything more recent than May. I found a really good price to stay here, but I need some feedback please.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

I have not stayed there but almost booked at the cheap price they are offering.

I think the cheap price is due to two things:

A) it is across the highway and away from the beach and most of the GBP food, bars, and pool areas

B) it has just reopened so they are looking to get people interested

With that said there are also a couple of nice positives other than the price

A) It includes unlimited ala carte dinners, most of the other GBP areas only allow 3 or 4 per 7 night stay

B) the Sian Ka-an section is all new and it sounds like they have a lot more to offer now in regards to pools, restaurants and bars.

A great deal if you can handle being away from the beach and are willing to deal with the shuttles going back and forth traveling from your room. IMO prices will go up once they are more established.

Mentioned in this post
The Sian Ka'an at Grand Tulum
The Sian Ka'an at Grand...
146 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

As far as I know it's been closed since then and re-opening "any day now".

We were there in late January and loved it. It's not for everybody, but for us it was great! At the time the first phase was completed and they were building more - which I understand have just been completed. There are construction pictures here => www.bahiaprincipecondohotel.com/gallery.php

We're booked to return next Tuesday (Dec 6), and will have a lot more info then.

Iowa
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

We just booked and are really looking forward to it! The 6 day 5 night deal on Cheap Caribbean was great. We've stayed at the RIU Tequilla and it's back away from the beach and we loved that beautiful resort. I like that we'll be able to spend all day in the hub of it, then come back to more quiet. I also like that we can book ala carte each night. I'm looking forward to all the other 3 resorts have to offer! Anyone with a fresh review, please post.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Iowa
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

bump...anybody here witnessed the updates?

maryland
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Hi this is great!!! Was going on to post the same thread.... Just booked last night to stay mid Jan, for 4 nights in the Penthouse with AI for two we paid $824!! Could not pass that up.. I was wondering why there was no reviews since May too.. So the construction is done and they closed that whole part down till the construction was done? Anyone know the e=mail address. All the reviews say to e-mail and book your restaurants before you go because they book so quick.. I hope the shuttle service is ok,. Its funny to the Stars for this resort are all over the place most places like expedia say it is a 3 1/2 star, some say 4 and on TA its 5..What do you think? Thanks all,

Edited: 04 December 2011, 09:56
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 00:10
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2012, 19:12
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

maryland
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Hi jroses.. Thank you for the email address. I thought that the Sian Kann is open now.. Rob said they have more trams and can get around easier.. so I hope that is the case since earlier reviews said it was a problem. Were the pools cold this time of year? Also they have added restaurants in Sian Kaan and one is a japanese restaurant so is there two one in sian Kann and one in one of the GBP complex? I love the drink idea can't wait for a psycho beach.. sounds great.

Mentioned in this post
The Sian Ka'an at Grand Tulum
The Sian Ka'an at Grand...
146 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico