We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

south jersey
Level Contributor
196 posts
32 reviews
Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Has anyone stayed here recently? I don't see anything more recent than May. I found a really good price to stay here, but I need some feedback please.

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
21. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Rob--We're going 1/17-1/26. We have a penthouse suite reserved. Apple Vacations emailed me last week saying that suites come with either two singles, one king, or one king and a pullout, for "Superior Suites". I haven't called them yet to clarify if there are any problems, but would be very disappointed with single beds. Have you heard of any problems with people receiving these? I'm wondering if it just a disclaimer. Will call them today, too, but interested about anything you have heard.

Thanks.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
22. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

I haven't heard anything like that. What I understood is that only the regular suite came with two beds or a king bed, and that all the penthouse and garden suites only had king beds. If you're concerned, e-mail Claudia a couple of weeks before you go with your preference and she will take care of it. You might also want to mention if you prefer a view towards the pools (inside) or towards the jungle (outside).

- Rob

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
23. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Thanks; makes me feel better.

We would like a jungle view; enjoy the sounds of nature. Do you have a direct email address for Claudia, or can you direct me to a link for a prior post--been looking so much, can't remember where I've been. : )

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
24. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

gerentealojamientobpska@bahia-principe.com

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
25. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Thanks very much.

Hope, BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
26. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Thanks so much for all your help Rob! The posts and your pics have been awesome!

I feel much better about our reservation now. Did you have a jungle view or the pool view? I can't imagine that the pool would be too noisy, it is an all adult complex isn't it?

I think I will go for the garden view suite as we would also like to sit out on the patio in the morning with coffee and a book. Also don't like it if someone is under my suite smoking on their deck.

If you think of anything else you would like to share we would love to hear it.

Thanks again for all your help,

Wendy

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
27. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Hi Wendy -

No, the pool is never noisy, at least not as far as I've seen (we spend most of our time at the beach). Mostly it is just people reading or tanning. If you want to party, Coba or one of the other resorts is better.

I have a garden suite with a jungle view. Like you, I like to sit out on the patio in the morning and listen to the birds. Most of the "pool view" rooms have a quasi-jungle as well - the place is heavily planted with very little grass. We walked right by a couple in their jacuzzi last night, and although we could hear them, and they were only a few feet away, we couldn't see them. I just prefer to not have people walking by, and to get that you need a jungle view.

- Rob

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
28. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Hello there! Awesome post!

We also just booked a week in February. Is there a beach section that belongs only

To Sian Ka'an guests? If not, which beach ist do you recommend?

Thanks!

Annette

Chicago Burbs
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
29. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Thanks again Rob,

Great info and pictures.

We will have booked Feb 12-19.

Will be bringing my dad (who is 87) we plan to ask for a first floor unit and close to the reception/restuarant area due to not being able to walk for long distances. Anything else you may recommend/observe that might make the trip easier for my father?

Thanks!!

Hope, BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
30. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Sian Kaan Don Pablo

Hey Rob,

Do you know if all of the ground floor suites have the jacuzzis? It looks on the website like the standard units are all on the 2nd floor and the ones with the jacuzzis are on the ground floor and the penthouses.

Wendy