We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPB Sian Kan quetions.

Lake George NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
GPB Sian Kan quetions.

I have a few questions, this looks like a wonderful resort. I am just wondering if I will be disappointed that I am far from beach? Are the junior suites beds either king beds or single beds. Is golf included daily if you are staying for a week. Anyone know if they have Stand Up Paddleboards in the area? How far is Akumal Bay, thought the resort was on Akumal Bay. Can you walk to Akumal Bay. Can you walk miles and miles in both directions? Thanks!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

Some info on the beds / room layouts over in Top Questions

Haven't heard about paddleboards

Akumal Bay is 3 bays to the north - a good 45 minute walk - hot - bring good footware, lots of water

Golf is free, cart rental will cost though ($45 and up)

Nice isolated bay to the south (see my avatar)

Hve fun

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

We absolutely loved our trolly ride over to the beach and you have a private area with a fabulous beach bar and wait service. After staying at Sian Ka'an I wouldn't even consider the other 3 options.

I didn't see any paddle boards?

You can walk a long ways to the "left" when facing the water.

Exploring the 4 resorts and all they have to offer takes some serious planning. Also, because you're staying at the Sian Ka'an you get to select Ala Carte each eveing...nice feature for sure!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

< I am just wondering if I will be disappointed that I am far from beach?>

We just returned from a 5-night trip to SK. To be honest with you, I thought I wouldn't be bothered by the trolley ride to the beach, but it was somewhat of an inconvenience. I just assumed the trolley ride would be quicker. Many days we stopped by each lobby picking up people before we finally made it to the beach. Be prepared for a 10- or 15-minute trolley ride, at times. Other days it went quicker though.

We really did enjoy the property though!

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

I think once the resort season picks up, it's a direct shuttle to the beach. We were there last Feb. and never stopped at another property!

Go Pack Go!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

Must have been because we were in low season, traveling in November.

Yes, Go Pack Go!!!

Lake George NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

Thanks all for the help. I am still wondering if the junior suites with 2 beds are singles or doubles. I didn't see that in the top questions!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

I'm pretty sure if you've got two beds in your room they are singles or twin beds. If there's one bed in your room, it will be a king. Maybe Rob can chime in to confirm this info.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

As far as I know, junior suites are available in both one bed and two bed setups. The single beds are all kings, and the double beds are two smaller (twin?) beds. The double beds are only available in the second loop with the smaller rooms, while the single king beds are available in either loop.

- Rob

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

lgrover,

My husband and I were at the Sian Ka'an in July and I will be back down to the area at Christmas. Plan on playing at the Riviera Maya Club that week and can help with some golf info.

First I have to say this is an EXTREMELY fine course. It is hard and absolutely gorgeous. We played it 4 times when we were there in July.

They charge you for the "buggy" fee if you are staying at any of the 4 Gran Bahia properties: (these are the winter/high season rates through april)

Morning: $80.00 usd

After 1: $65.00 usd

club rentals: $45 (Callaway)

If you are planning to play several days of your week this is a bargain.

Winter rates for non Bahia guests are $230 usd morning/$130 usd after 1:00.

I would not recommend the Junior suite. They have an extremely small balcony where the Penthouse and Superior Suites have a larger outdoor sitting area. It is sooooo pretty at the resort you will want to spend some time sitting out from your room. It is worth the extra money. We loved the terrace area of our Penthouse suite.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!!!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GPB Sian Kan quetions.

If the penthouse exceeds your budget, I also highly recommend the garden jacuzzui suite on the ground level. We were very close to the lobby, I think Villa 6A, and our jacuzzi patio area was very large, secluded, and private. We loved it!!