We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP coba vs tulum

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GBP coba vs tulum

hey guys! i am booking our trip in the next couple of days, and would love some feedback. I have narrowed down our search to GBP, but i am torn between coba and tulum

i love that Tulum would put us near the beach, and we could upgrade to the diamond section. however, my travel agent just advised me that a few of her colleagues have just returned from tulum, and said the rooms are quite run down. its disappointing because we are looking at $1275 for tulum vs $1075 for coba. i like the idea of saving some money to spend on the resort, but how bad are the rooms really? also, if the distance to the beach from Coba really that bad? thanks!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

I really like Tulum, but for $200 I would have no problem staying at Coba. Coba does have newer rooms, though I have never found Tulum's rooms to be rundown. The distance from Coba to the beach can be 5 minutes or 10 minutes (the farther rooms take longer). Shuttles run quite frequently.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

Thanks! i dont mind the distance, eventhough it would be great to be close to the ocean, but the $200/person saved, we could get a private transfer to the resort and save us some time :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

Coba is the newer of the two, so I could see that Tulum may be showing it's age. Take a look at GBP Akumal. Its my favourite. I usually book them with tripcentral.ca

Also, don't get too hung up on the room, unless you plan on staying there all day.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

You can upgrade to the Golden seciton at the Akumal or Coba that is just the the diamond the Tulum. We prefer the Coba, but liked having bigger rooms since we had the kids. The transfers in the resort are also veryhandy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

thanks! Barrieguy is right, last time we barely spend any time in our room...we just have to make sure not to forget anything in our room when we head out for the day :)

6. Re: GBP coba vs tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 02:17