We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The old Club Maeva

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The old Club Maeva

Haven't looked at this forum in quite a while, but wondering if they ever built a new resort where the old Club Maeva was. Such a beautiful location.

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The old Club Maeva

Nope, not yet. There were rumors in a previous thread that something was going to be done, but not sure when.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The old Club Maeva

I have the same question about the Club Maeva.

We have just returned from the Catalonia Royal Tulum ... great stay! ... and when walking down the beach we walked through the deserted Club Maeva complex. A fantastic beach front and a fascinating and beautifully designed complex. Someone seems to be keeping the walkways clear and swept.

Online there is discussion of the main building sinking slowly and this may relate to the cenotes below. It seems there is a connection between the deserted half of the Xpu Ha Palace and this property.

If you have more information about this fascinating resort, please share, At some point historically I imagine it was a beautifully working resort.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The old Club Maeva

Bump!

Just wondering if someone has more input on the current status of the Club Tulum-Robinsons-Club Maeva just south of the CRT.

Thank you.

midwest
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The old Club Maeva

We stayed at th CRT 11/09 and there was not a hint of work being done on it. It would be years before it could reopen as it is very run down and needing a tremendous amount of work.

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The old Club Maeva

I was told Palace (Xpu Ha Palace) bought the grounds to build on. They were finishing another property before starting on this one. It is starting to be such a lapse in time I am wondering if this is true. My husband and I stayed at Xpu Ha Palace in 2001. This was pre-hurricane and that visit is still our favorite of 10 visits to mexico. If they could rebuild the resort to what it was or a resort of the same feel...with the huts instead of buildings for rooms...we would be back in a second.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The old Club Maeva

Thanks Backwoods_Princess ... great name!

Yes, it seems a long time since anything has happened although the resort is tidy and not wild.

If anyone else knows what is happening to this resort, please let us know. Thank you.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The old Club Maeva

Palace Resorts does still own the property. They bought the property around the same time they started building the Moon Palace in Punta Cana. MP in PC seems to have hit a lot of bumps in the road, missing opening dates and having guests at the resort prior to a lot of things being completed, and it is now rebranded as the Hard Rock Punta Cana, tho still considered a Palace resort. That all just finished sometime last year. Palace also must have had financial issues as they rebranded half of their resorts in Mexico with Wyndham for what seemed like a year or less. They've now taken the Wyndham name off of those resorts so perhaps they're doing better financially?? Who knows. But, I have heard reports that tourist travel in the Riviera Maya is back up to pre-swine flu levels so HOPEFULLY cash is flowing and Palace Resorts will be able to invest some money into the Club Maeva property SOON.

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The old Club Maeva

Thank you for verifying this Kalli! Can not wait to see what Palace has in store for the property.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The old Club Maeva

Yes, thank you kallileigh for your excellent clarifications.

I also look forward to what the Palace Resorts will do with the beautiful property and beach front.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The old Club Maeva

What happened? Palace Resort did not sell enough 'memberships', or people are not foolish enough anymore to buy into their gimmick?