We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

Europe
9 posts
Save Topic
How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

Hi guys,

Thanx again for the help.

I'm thinking to move to Cleveland Heights. For example I found some appartments to S taylor Road close to Severance Town Center. I seems kind of close to Case but I will be able to go no foot when I get there. Maybe if there is bus close enough which goes to Case?

Please comment the area of Severance Town Center and how I can get to Case. Just now I saw the distance in google earth and yes I've walked a lot in my life but this seems kind of far to walk every day!!

Little Italy is nice but there are only few appartments, kind of old and expensive.

If you have some areas or areas close to a roads that you believe are good for a Case student please put it forward.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

It would be a far walk to Case - but there are buses that run on Mayfield to Euclid and you would walk from Euclid to your classes. You can also have a bike in good weather and that would be okay too!

Are there any apartments in the Coventry area???? That is alot closer and you could walk that if you had to!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
369 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

I will second the Coventry area. This is very walkable to Case. I would stay in the areas south of Mayfield, and west of Lee Road. There are alot of apartments on Euclid Heights Blvd, Overlook, and Mayfield. These are older buildings but many have nice roomy apartments.

Europe
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

Just to make a kind of a boarder to the map so that I will not waste time to look in other areas...

South of Mayfield... If i find something good to the northern side of lakeview cemetery and forest Hill park? (I think that is East Cleveland)

West Lee Road and maybe if i find something good west of S Taylor road..

In no case find something west of Case?

And to close the area north of Fairmount blvd or Shaker blvd?

I believe that is the area where most students live?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

I would not recommend East Cleveland.

Not too much west of Case of Euclid - Little Italy would be the closest area bordering Euclid Avenue

South of Mayfield and West of Coventry - Also Cedar Road and Fairmount Area is nice. Euclid Hts Blvd. and Overlook - as the previous poster suggested would also be ideal.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

Another recommendation for Coventry, there are LOTS of apartments there and a good amount of other Case students as well. If being able to walk there is important, that's really where you should look.

Cleveland Heights...
Level Contributor
196 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

If you like the apartments at Sevarance, the public transportation on Mayfield road is very good - but it IS a long walk to Case.

If you can find something in the Coventry area/Euclid Hts. Blvd., that makes walking reasonable. If you don't like a lot of noise, be sure you settle farther away from Coventry Road - when the bars let out at 2 am on the weekends, it can be noisy. But there are a LOT of other places in Cleveland Hts./Case area to choose from.

Look at apartments that are managed by Montlack Realty - I helped a friend find an aprtment in that area a few years ago, and the Montlack properties were very clean and safe, etc. You may even end up in an apartment with a great view of Lake Erie, since Cleveland Heights is on a ridge above Little Italy/Case.

There are apartments on Cedar Rd., near the intersection of Fairmount & Cedar that are nice, and close to food shopping, etc.

Good Luck!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

In addition to the cleveland heights/little italy areas, check out Shaker Heights heights as well. Prices were very reasonable in this area compared to the apartments closer to campus. I lived there for a few years while attendeding Case...in particular, the area just north of shaker square. there are quite a few apartment buildings on North Moreland Blvd and on Kemper Rd, just off of Fairhill Rd. That area is just on the border of Cleveland Heights, and it's within walking distance of Case (but it is a long walk...maybe 30-40 minutes. I made the walk on nice days occasionally, but it's not so fun in the winter). Bus service from that area is great...you can quickly catch the #48 bus directly to campus any time of day. You're also only a few blocks away from the RTA Rapid station in shaker square which can connect you to downtown or the airport.

8. Re: How long is Cleveland Heights from Case?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:21