We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A 2 day trip to Coorg

Calicut
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A 2 day trip to Coorg

The trip was not that satisfactory first of all. The climate was hot, sunny and dry in the day. Only in the early morning, night and late evening, you will feel that its a hill station. Road in the madikeri town were small and damaged.

The only spot we like is Raja's Seat. Dubbare forest reserve is also okay. But you can have such a place near your area itself. Just walking through the rocky river. Golden temple is awesome.

We stayed at Hotel Rajdarshan, near Raja's seat. Visited Madikeri Fort, Omkeshwara Temple, Abbi falls and Hirangi Dam. Hirangi dam is not allowed to visitors for the past 6 years! Travel to there was a waste! Abbi falls is just an ordinary water fall. Not that big. And we can just see it. Can't even touch a single drop!

Overall Coorg is no match for Ooty, Kodaikanal, Munnar and Waynad. Better visit the later places than Coorg. I would say to avoid Coorg, until something new come up there.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

Well bro i think overall you were exhausted by he way you say things pls cal me on next time u have time to visit .... hemanth@tuskerwoods.com

Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

Well bro i think overall you were exhausted by he way you say things pls cal me on next time u have time to visit .... hemanth@tuskerwoods.com

Calicut
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

I think I visited Coorg at the wrong time! Walking through the Nisagdhama made us too tired. Hot n dry!

Anyways no more to Coorg...

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
284 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

Hi,

I do agree Coorg can never be a match for Ooty, Kodaikanal, Munnar or Waynad. But Coorg has got its own beauty. This is not the right time to visit Coorg. I was being to Coorg and Talakauveri with family on last July. We enjoyed the place and the journey was also very nice.

Warm Regards,

TT_Chennai

Mumbai (Bombay...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

Hi

I would be travelling to coorg in mid August,is this the right time and how would be the weather also which is the shortest and best route from mysore or manglore or thallechery as i will be going to club mahindra

Regards

6. Re: A 2 day trip to Coorg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:17