We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
105 reviews
My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Me and my wife returned from Shillong on 27.10.2015. I may narrate my experiences here.

From Guwahati, we reached Shillong by a Toyota Etios car owned and drived by Sri Moni Bhattacharya +91 9612504738. I recommend this nice person for travel to Shillong. He lives at Shillong but eager to pick up passenger from Guwahati. The fare was Rs. 1500 from Guwahati town and Rs. 2000 from Guwahati airport.

As we were only two persons, we need not a big car for local sight seeing. I found a genuine gentleman namely Sri Parimal Pal +91 9862102512 who drives Maruti 800, a black-yellow taxi. For local sight seeing, such as visiting Shillong peak, Elephant falls, Museum, Hyderi Park, Church, Ramkrishna Mission, Golf Course etc. we paid Rs. 1000 only.

This taxi driver Parimal Pal took us to Cherrapunjee for Rs. 1500. He acted as reliable guide for us. On the way, he stopped at Mawdok bridge, Nohkalikai falls and Ramkrishna Mission.

We stayed at Cherrapunjee for two nights. We took a local taxi at Rs. 1200 arranged by the resort owner and visited Eco Park, Seven Sisters falls, Mawasmai cave, Thangkharang Park, Khoh Ramaiah and also Nongriat village. We paid an extra Rs. 200 and visited Arwah and entered a dreadful cave Lumshynna.

Next day, the very friendly driver Sri Parimal Pal came from Shillong to pick up us and we started for Mawlynnong village. Enroute Sri Pal stopped at various waterfalls and bridges and helped us to enjoy the journey.

We stayed at a homestay at Mawlynnong arranged by Mr. Embor Klamet +91 8974269132. Driver Parimal Pal stayed at Mawlynnong on his own arrangement. We only invited him at dinner with us.

Next day we started for Dawki and Tamabil border. The bridge on the river Dawki is a must to visit. The beauty of the river can not be expressed in words.

We took lunch in a most ordinary hotel of Tamabil. From Tamabil we started for Shillong and reached Policebazar in the evening. The journey was too much enjoyable and Sri Pal guided us as a tour operator. We paid Rs. 4500 to Sri Pal for the two days journey for Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil-Shillong.

After two nights stay at Police bazar, we again called on Sri Moni Bhattacharya to pick up us and drop at Guwahati airport. This time we paid him Rs. 2000.

102 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
21. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Thank you so much for your review. We recently visited Meghalaya and your review helped us a lot. We contacted with Mr. Parimal pal at the number I got from Ur review. He was a wonderful person to travel with. Traveling is real fun and comfortable when I got this type of friend. He was such an enthusiastic person to show us all beauties of Meghalaya starting from umium lake, mawlyngnong, dwaki, umngot,nartiang, krang Suri falls. He was always on his toes from 6 am to 7 pm. Lovely trip it was.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
105 reviews
22. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

@ roumiG, I am glad to know that you enjoyed your journey in Meghalaya. Thanks for your feed back.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
23. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Very nice & helpful description. Thank you.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
24. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Very nicely described. Thank you.

Pune
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
25. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

can someone recommend a good tourist taxi operator and driver? I want to drive from Guwahati to Shillong and thereafter see cherranpunji too if possible.

A toyota etios or Honda city or similar such. A reliable person is most important

Level Contributor
20 posts
26. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Is it possible to get SUV taxi at Shillong and Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki tour.

We are 4 adults and 3 kids.

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
27. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hello Sir,

I heard that Nameri remain close in the month of October. Is it true?

Edited: 27 March 2017, 05:19
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
508 reviews
28. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Yes, Nameri is closed in Oct, however rafting may be possible. Forest opens for nature trek from 1-Nov onwards.

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
29. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hi Bornav,

Thanks for the update

1 post
1 review
30. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Inspired & heading to Shillong with family for a week. Saved details from the travelogue which should come handy. Thanks for the Contacts details provided as it was easy to establish contact with the service providers prior to reaching Guwahati.

Reply to: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted