We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
105 reviews
178 helpful votes
My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Me and my wife returned from Shillong on 27.10.2015. I may narrate my experiences here.

From Guwahati, we reached Shillong by a Toyota Etios car owned and drived by Sri Moni Bhattacharya +91 9612504738. I recommend this nice person for travel to Shillong. He lives at Shillong but eager to pick up passenger from Guwahati. The fare was Rs. 1500 from Guwahati town and Rs. 2000 from Guwahati airport.

As we were only two persons, we need not a big car for local sight seeing. I found a genuine gentleman namely Sri Parimal Pal +91 9862102512 who drives Maruti 800, a black-yellow taxi. For local sight seeing, such as visiting Shillong peak, Elephant falls, Museum, Hyderi Park, Church, Ramkrishna Mission, Golf Course etc. we paid Rs. 1000 only.

This taxi driver Parimal Pal took us to Cherrapunjee for Rs. 1500. He acted as reliable guide for us. On the way, he stopped at Mawdok bridge, Nohkalikai falls and Ramkrishna Mission.

We stayed at Cherrapunjee for two nights. We took a local taxi at Rs. 1200 arranged by the resort owner and visited Eco Park, Seven Sisters falls, Mawasmai cave, Thangkharang Park, Khoh Ramaiah and also Nongriat village. We paid an extra Rs. 200 and visited Arwah and entered a dreadful cave Lumshynna.

Next day, the very friendly driver Sri Parimal Pal came from Shillong to pick up us and we started for Mawlynnong village. Enroute Sri Pal stopped at various waterfalls and bridges and helped us to enjoy the journey.

We stayed at a homestay at Mawlynnong arranged by Mr. Embor Klamet +91 8974269132. Driver Parimal Pal stayed at Mawlynnong on his own arrangement. We only invited him at dinner with us.

Next day we started for Dawki and Tamabil border. The bridge on the river Dawki is a must to visit. The beauty of the river can not be expressed in words.

We took lunch in a most ordinary hotel of Tamabil. From Tamabil we started for Shillong and reached Policebazar in the evening. The journey was too much enjoyable and Sri Pal guided us as a tour operator. We paid Rs. 4500 to Sri Pal for the two days journey for Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil-Shillong.

After two nights stay at Police bazar, we again called on Sri Moni Bhattacharya to pick up us and drop at Guwahati airport. This time we paid him Rs. 2000.

117 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
8 helpful votes
31. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hi really a nice write up with details

Me and my husband are planning a 3-4 days trip

Wanted to visit mawlynnong and dawki in major.

Its planned in mid may

What you suggest

Please reply

Dhaka
Level Contributor
16 posts
32. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

very informative for solo traveller

Pune, India
1 post
33. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Your information is very helpful. Pl. Guide me if you have time! As how can I plan my trip to visit best places in 4nights and 5days. Starting and ending at guwahati. Regards and awaiting your reply

infoamvi@gmail.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

You can take cab from Shillong for entire sightseeing and alao if u want to do offbeat also.I know a person named Albert. Hes a driver cum guide and has a red Datsun Go+. Very affordable. His contact no is +919402388284. Very helpful during our trip.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
35. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

this is one of the most helpful reviews so far

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
36. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Thank you for being so descriptive .... this is so very helpful. (y)

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
37. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Dear Sir can you give me any idea what can be the fare this time from GHY RLY Station to Shillong if I hire a car? And also where from can I hire it? We are 3 people. Also can you give me any idea what will be the fare from Shillong-Cherrapunjee round trip and Shillong- Mawlynnong-Dawki round trip

Guwahati, India
Level Contributor
310 posts
42 reviews
3 helpful votes
38. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hi

You may avail the Shillong drop service from Uber at Rs 1499.00

Shillong-Cherrapunjee will cost around Rs 2500.00

Shillong Dawki will cost Rs 3000.00

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
39. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Does Uber permit to carry luggage?

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
40. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

When did you have your trip? I mean can you suggest the fare?

Reply to: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted