We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
105 reviews
My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Me and my wife returned from Shillong on 27.10.2015. I may narrate my experiences here.

From Guwahati, we reached Shillong by a Toyota Etios car owned and drived by Sri Moni Bhattacharya +91 9612504738. I recommend this nice person for travel to Shillong. He lives at Shillong but eager to pick up passenger from Guwahati. The fare was Rs. 1500 from Guwahati town and Rs. 2000 from Guwahati airport.

As we were only two persons, we need not a big car for local sight seeing. I found a genuine gentleman namely Sri Parimal Pal +91 9862102512 who drives Maruti 800, a black-yellow taxi. For local sight seeing, such as visiting Shillong peak, Elephant falls, Museum, Hyderi Park, Church, Ramkrishna Mission, Golf Course etc. we paid Rs. 1000 only.

This taxi driver Parimal Pal took us to Cherrapunjee for Rs. 1500. He acted as reliable guide for us. On the way, he stopped at Mawdok bridge, Nohkalikai falls and Ramkrishna Mission.

We stayed at Cherrapunjee for two nights. We took a local taxi at Rs. 1200 arranged by the resort owner and visited Eco Park, Seven Sisters falls, Mawasmai cave, Thangkharang Park, Khoh Ramaiah and also Nongriat village. We paid an extra Rs. 200 and visited Arwah and entered a dreadful cave Lumshynna.

Next day, the very friendly driver Sri Parimal Pal came from Shillong to pick up us and we started for Mawlynnong village. Enroute Sri Pal stopped at various waterfalls and bridges and helped us to enjoy the journey.

We stayed at a homestay at Mawlynnong arranged by Mr. Embor Klamet +91 8974269132. Driver Parimal Pal stayed at Mawlynnong on his own arrangement. We only invited him at dinner with us.

Next day we started for Dawki and Tamabil border. The bridge on the river Dawki is a must to visit. The beauty of the river can not be expressed in words.

We took lunch in a most ordinary hotel of Tamabil. From Tamabil we started for Shillong and reached Policebazar in the evening. The journey was too much enjoyable and Sri Pal guided us as a tour operator. We paid Rs. 4500 to Sri Pal for the two days journey for Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil-Shillong.

After two nights stay at Police bazar, we again called on Sri Moni Bhattacharya to pick up us and drop at Guwahati airport. This time we paid him Rs. 2000.

102 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Bhutan, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishop
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
172 reviews
61. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

@manikamitra99 People here are volunteers and posts based on their experience. Whether to believe or not is completely upto you :)

Yes you can contact the drivers shared here and check with them directly if they are available on those dates.

Agartala, India
2 posts
62. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Thanks for your convince reply......

Tezpur, India
1 post
63. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Your advice is very helpful. Can I contact for more details.

With regards

Md M Hossain

1 post
64. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

We are planing to visit in shillong on 17 dec 2017 so kindly suggest

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Bhutan, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishop
Level Contributor
6,755 posts
172 reviews
65. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

@Somnath G What to suggest? What you actually want to know?

1 post
1 review
66. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Thank you so much.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
67. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Can you share your accommodation details also pls

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
105 reviews
68. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

We stayed in Guwahati at a homestay, namely Shivam Guest House. It is an awesome place with nice & homely food. The house belongs to an eminent Doctor of Guwahati. His wife and daughtter run this guest house. We stayed here and were fully satisfied.

For contact : Ms. Rukmini Chowdhury, +91-8811090345

Bhalukpong--- Prashanti Cottage, Mobile +91-9957081781, +91-9678681259

Dirang ---- Hotel Pemaling, Phone:03780 242 615

Tawang --- Hotel Gakyi Khang Zhang, Mobile +91-9436053320,

Land Line +91-3794 224647 / 224648 / 224649

Bomdila -- Hotel Elysium, Mobile:+91- 94020 71827

Nameri -- Nameri Echo Camp - 09854019932

I did not find any interesting site at Tezpur. So you may avoid halt at Tezpur to shorten the time.

In Shillong, I stayed at a new hotel namely Hotel Heritage just in Police Bazar in the happening area.

In Cherrapunjee we booked a hotel in advance, but later they informed that the entire hotel was booked for a month by a Bollywood film producer. So at the last moment I booked Green Valley Lodge-- +91 9856301108. This lodge is suitable for back packers.

In Mawlynnong village, I stayed for one night at Ha La Rympei, very basic accomodation.

Contact Person :: Ricky (+91 9615823660) (ricky.kharluni@gmail.com)

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
69. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hi,

Is this the round trip cost that you have mentioned? (For Shillong-Cherrapunjee & Shillong Dawki)

5 posts
70. Re: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil

Hi I was planning to visit Meghalaya in the last week of March with 3 friends.Is it possible to hire a single taxi for the entire trip from Shillong-Cherapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Shillong aling with sightseeing in the local areas?if so how much wud it cost me per day??if not what other alternate do I have??...

Reply to: My travel to Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Mawlynnong-Dawki-Tamabil
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted