We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses etc

Greater London...
1 post
Save Topic
buses etc

I will be staying in the radisson, how will i get to old leigh on sea?.

I dont drive.

What are buses like?

zofia.zagorska@hackney.gov.uk

5 replies to this topic
Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
6,629 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses etc

There will be somebody on here who can give you bus details,but another option is to walk up the high street from your hotel to Southend Central station and catch a train to Leigh on Sea. 3 stations 10 minutes

From Leigh station you can walk to Old Leigh

Please never give out your email details on here. Posters on here are genuinely trying to help but you could get some scammers who will send you all sorts of rubbish

Edited: 26 September 2017, 10:37
Mentioned in this post
Leigh-on Sea
Leigh-on Sea
Southend-on-Sea, UK
Leigh Bistro
Leigh Bistro
281 Reviews
Leigh-on Sea, UK
Old Leigh
Old Leigh
847 Reviews
Leigh-on Sea, UK
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses etc

zofia, I suggest you delete your post if you want to avoid spammers and scammers. If you still have questions then repost without your email address.

Edited: 26 September 2017, 10:42
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,067 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses etc

Does your employer (Hackney Council) know you are putting your work email address into a public forum?

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses etc

I agree with other posters but to answer your original question, from your hotel walk to the bus station, find bus stop B and take the 26. Usually every 15 minutes. Get off at Leigh Station - the road to Old Leigh is down the side of the station, cross the road and take the steps down on the left. Walk past the fishing sheds and you'll eventually come to Old Leigh. Another nice way is to get off at Leigh Church and walk down Church Hill, a pedestrianised walk and quite steep. At the bottom of the hill, cross the road and take the bridge over the railway line. You are immediately in Old Leigh.

Mentioned in this post
Leigh Bistro
Leigh Bistro
281 Reviews
Leigh-on Sea, UK
Old Leigh
Old Leigh
847 Reviews
Leigh-on Sea, UK
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buses etc

I'd agree - please get your work email address of here, councils have problems with spam emails and this will increase the risk. Also, I don't know whether your council would allow council email for personal use.

I'm only trying to help you here.

Reply to: buses etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southend-on-Sea