We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It is quiet in here!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
115 reviews
It is quiet in here!

For reasons best known to themselves TA appointed me as Destination Expert for Eastleigh despite there being no activity on the forum for years.

Eastleigh is by no means a holiday destination but it does support several restaurants and hotels.

If you are coming to Eastleigh for business o just passing though and have questions I will try to answer - but no promises.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: It is quiet in here!

Good post, you got my attention - to the point where I wanted to find out more about Eastleigh! I read about Benny Hill, your football team and the Loco Works. Hope you get some questions soon. :-)

London, England
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: It is quiet in here!

I can only guess how you feel; I bought a flat in Deal, Kent a couple of years ago, and only discovered afer exploring every inch of it that there was a local forum. Trouble is, I learned this lond after the few brave souls who ever posted TA questions (about Deal pubs, eateries and hotels) had packed their buckets and spades and gone home.

So tell me about Eastleigh? And surely it's not a life sentance? For example, if you resign your commission as TA expert boffin, do they send someone round to strip you of your epaulettes?

3. Re: It is quiet in here!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Eastleigh