We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops

1 post
Save Topic
Shops

Hey,

I am currently a PGCE student in Ireland and I am carrying out a teaching placement in Seahouses for 6 weeks alongside a colleague. I was wondering if there are any Asda or Tesco stores near by so that we can do shopping as although Seahouses seems beautiful it also seems to have little shops. Hope someone can help here.

Thanks,

Katie

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops

welcome to the forums Katie. I seem to remember a Londis and a Co-op actually in Seahouses on our last visit, if they would help. Good luck for your placement, and enjoy the area if you can manage to squeeze some free time in.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops

Having checked store locators, the nearest stores of both look to be around 20 miles away. There's a Sainsbury's and a Lidl at Alnwick about 12 miles away. There's a Londis (King Street) and a Cooperative food at Seahouses by the looks of it.

More about shopping (and other useful info.) here

yournorthumberland.co.uk/area-guides/seahous…

Mentioned in this post
Alnwick
Alnwick
Northumberland, UK
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops

There's quite a big Co-operative Food in the centre that you could get pretty much all you'd need from without travelling. Also recommended in Seahouses is Trotters bakery, great bread and cakes!

If you want a huge supermarket a drive to Alnwick or Berwick would be needed, either way you need to hit the A1 and about a 25 minute drive.

Mentioned in this post
Alnwick
Alnwick
Northumberland, UK
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
614 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops

Get Sainsburys to deliver!! Just been to a cottage for the week and delighted with Sainsburys delivery at start of week.

5. Re: Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2016, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Seahouses
Recent Conversations
;