We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barton Marina

Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Barton Marina

Hi. Our daughter is getting married at the Marina next year. It looks lovely and we were hoping that we could hire a narrow boat for 2 nights. Does anyone know how we would go about this please? It would probably be for 2 or 4 pepole.

Thank you x Tracey

5 replies to this topic
middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barton Marina

Very simple. I googled it for you. bartonmarina.co.uk/the-marina/boat-hire/

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barton Marina

Simple yes but pretty useless for the OP as they only have day boats.

It may be very difficult to hire a boat for two nights, especially if the wedding is in the main Summer season. Most hire companies hire either by the week or part week, which would typically be Fri to Mon and Mon to Fri or Sat to Tues and Tues to Sat. Outside June to Sept you might find they are more flexible.

Some companies with bases local to Barton Marina include Aqua, Marine Servies and hireacanalboat.

Mentioned in this post
Barton Marina
Barton Marina
590 Reviews
Barton-under-Needwood, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barton Marina

Thank you both for replying and for the info. I'll have a look at those and the local inns. It's too early to book those yet. Do fancy a boat though....

Tracey x

Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barton Marina

There is a place in Burton called janell cruisers who hire narrow boats but regards Barton marina I'm not sure.

Mentioned in this post
Barton Marina
Barton Marina
590 Reviews
Barton-under-Needwood, UK
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
18,099 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barton Marina

While I fully realise that information might be useful for future readers people have to note the date of the original post when referring to it.

This is the second time this week that posters have replied specifically to posts that are over 2 years old.

Reply to: Barton Marina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barton-under-Needwood