We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount tickets

Indianapolis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Discount tickets

I know there are other threads for discount tickets but I need something more up to date. I'm in desperate search for some cheap tickets. I searched on Cedar Point's site and 49.99 a ticket is somewhat more than I expected. I wanted to do the starlight thingy but it's only on Friday and Saturday. Can anyone help?????

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount tickets

CP is only open on Friday, Saturday & Sunday the rest of the season and the starlight is available all of those days. It is after 6:00 Fridays (which is when the park opens anyway), after 5:00 Saturdays and after 4:00 Sundays.

As for getting discount tickets the stuff in the older threads is still valid as far as I know, the local grocery stores (Meijer, Kroger, Discount Drug Mart) should have them but I'm not sure how much they are. Probably the cheapest you can get would be through AAA ($38.00 I think).

Halloweekends are very popular so you're not likely to find anything real cheap. Years ago you used to be able to get some good deals on the weekends after Labor Day, but not any more.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount tickets

Yes, Halloweekends have become so popular that CP doesn't give the big discounts anymore.

Friday nights can be hit or miss crowd wise, depending on the weather (and also doesn't have all the rides open). But be warned, Saturday's and Sunday's usually have some of the biggest crowds of the year. Saturday's typically have 2+ hour waits for everything ... even the small coasters and haunted attractions.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount tickets

A complete discount ticket list can be found here:

www.thepointol.com/discounttickets

Hope it helps!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
482 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount tickets

Also, you should sign up for Cedar Point's newsletter. They send me their latest deals every week.

5. Re: Discount tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:16