We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

We are planning for Florence on Memorial day weekend from27th to 29th. We will be driving from Seattle so here are some questions:

1) When should I start from Seattle Friday afternoon or Saturday early morning.

2) How much time I should keep for sand dunes (I will be travelling with 6 and 2 year old kids).

3) Is sandland good option for kids?

4) How much time should I reserve for sea lion caves.

5) Planning for wild safari on Monday and back to Seattle. Is wild safari good to cover in 3 or 4 hours?

6) Any other must have places to visit?

Apologies for such a long message and Thanks in advance for answers!

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

1. It's 7 hours of driving time and more in consideration of rush hour traffic in the metropolitan Seattle and Portland Friday afternoon/evening and any necessary stops.

2.Several hours at least

3.Absolutely, they not only have rides on the dunes there is also miniature golf, go-cart rides, miniature train ride and bumper boat ride.

4.Personally, I'm not big on the place. The smell inside the cave is unbearable. People really flock to the place and they do a bang up business though. Nice people own and run the place

5.Yes

6. Highway 101 from Lincoln City to Florence and especially from Yachats to Florence.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

If you go straight down I-5 to Eugene and 126 to Florence allow 7 hours. There are two places to do dunes tours in Florence. You'll want to go on the jumbo dune buggy, not on your own. Not even sure you want to do it with the 2 year old.

Forget the sea lion cave. Just go on the historic Bayfront in Newport. Lots of sea lions on the dock, close up and free.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

Thanks a lot for detailed answer!

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

That's what we're here for. Hope that you enjoyed your visit.

5. Re: Suggestions for Sand dunes and nearby attractions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2018, 23:18