We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Allergies

Saint Paul...
1 post
Save Topic
Food Allergies

Are there accommodating restaurants/grocery stores for food allergies?

Edited: 30 April 2012, 23:42
4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Allergies

Depending on how sever the allergies are, I might advise to contact the restuarnts/grocery stores directly. You may have better food selection in Seaside or possibly Tillamook(grocery store only-Fred Meyers).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Allergies

There is only one small grocery store in Manzanita.

Restaurants here are used to vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and a variety of other specialty requests, but if you have a severe allergy to something, I agree, I'd talk to the restaurant directly.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Allergies

In our years of visiting Manzanita at least a couple times annually, we've found 2 pretty good groceries in town: Manzanita Grocery (aka 'Little Apple' ~ 193 Laneda Ave) and Manzanita Fresh Foods (730 Manzanita Ave/corner Hwy 101). The latter, I hear, is undergoing an expansion/remodel now & is probably the more 'impressive' of the two regarding selection.

For your specific needs, there's a third 'grocery' we've found called Mother Nature's (298 Laneda Ave) that has more organic/health foods and (I'll bet) foods for those with food allergies. You might try contacting them: yelp.com/biz/mother-natures-natural-foods-ma…

Cheers,

Brian

Edited: 01 May 2012, 11:18
Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Allergies

Manzanita Fresh Foods just built a big new store at Hwy 101 & Manzanita Ave. When I'm in it I can't believe I'm in Manzanita, it's like being in NW Portland. Not sure about specific food allergies, but this is the biggest selection for a long stretch.. Little Apple on Laneda has an very eclectic mix of gourmet items, might also include allergy friendly items. And Mother Nature's on Laneda is full of natrual/organic foods, maybe also allergy friendly.

Reply to: Food Allergies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manzanita