We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather like in July?

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What is the weather like in July?

I am going to be in Seattle in July and was thinking of making a stop in Portland afterwards. Not sure if that is your rainy season or not? Also, what types of family activities are there?

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather like in July?

July is usually our best weather in the Portland area. It will probably be warmer than Seattle. Lots of family activities--OMSI, the Portland Zoo, Forestry Center, drive out along the Columbia Gorge...what are your interests?

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather like in July?

I know it sounds silly, but summer in Oregon begins on July 5th.

Anything could occur on July 4th, but it'll be dry, sunny and beautiful after that.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather like in July?

Our weather patterns are so confused right now, that I would not be surprised if it snowed. LOL,

Usually OK, but it changes from hour to hour, our weather.. Hard to forecast clear up into July. It will be what it will be. I am sure you will enjoy whatever our weather has in mind for you.

MrsO

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather like in July?

Check the weather forecast a few days before you come. Sometimes it's beautiful and sunny, sometimes the rain keeps coming down.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather like in July?

Poppa is right summer begins here soon after the 4th, as a rule

Salem, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather like in July?

We normally have our best and hottest weather in July. It also depends what part of July you will be swinging by. We get our hottest towards the mid-end and it's very nice in Seattle too. As some other people said there is the Zoo and O.M.S.I. Both very easy places to find. If you have the chance, look up a Voodoo Donuts. They have some of the most interesting donuts you can get. There is a line most of the time so if your not in a hurry stop by and try one.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather like in July?

We are outdoors people and love nature. Having said that, we also have a side that likes to investigate the city and all it has to offer. We will be there July 16-21.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the weather like in July?

We are outdoors people and love nature. Having said that, we also have a side that likes to investigate the city and all it has to offer. Thanks for the feedback! I am a Huge doughnut guy and am intrigued by the whole Voodo phenomenon.

Salem, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the weather like in July?

You have decided to come during the best weather time. It will be very nice. Do you know what O.M.S.I is? If not you should really look it up. You can learn a lot by going there and have a great deal of fun. It's more of a "sciencey" type place, but you get the chance if you pay for it to go down to a submarine. I haven't gotten to do that yet, I prefer the theater they have there. I hope you make it to Voodoo's they are the best.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the weather like in July?

Thanks, I hadn't heard of the whole submarine thing! Sounds interesting. Glad to hear that your weather is usually good around that time of year as I really want to see and do as much as possible.