We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

My husband and I are visiting Portland for 4 days mid October 2012 (after 2 conferences - Las Vegas and Denver). We're wondering where's the best place to stay - Downtown. We love good food, craft beers / microbreweries, and absolutely vital to find great coffee (which I'm afraid to say is hard to find in USA). Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
United States
United States
North America
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,514 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

You will find everything you say you love in Portland, but before making a recommendation for a hotel, we need to know your budget and your preference for style of lodging.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
38,512 posts
1,008 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

The Nines! Go for the Club Level room. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

We're looking at either a hotel in the $150-250 range or else an apartment downtown - airbnb or VRBO - but just not sure on location. I've read a review for the Mark Spencer which sounded great. I've also seen reference to Powell's bookstore, which will be a must for my husband.

Mentioned in this post
Mark Spencer Hotel
Mark Spencer Hotel
2,036 Reviews
Portland, OR
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

I often recommend the Paramount Hotel on SW Taylor between 8th and 9th avenues. They have numerous packages in the $150 range -- rooms are spacious and very comfortable. It's right in the middle of Portland's best shopping and numerous excellent restaurants within a block or two (Heathman, Ringside Fish House, Higgins, Southpark....).The on-site restaurant, Dragonfish, also has a nice late-night menu and bar scene. Powell's giant bookstore is about 7 blocks -- less than a half-mile walk -- from the Paramount. Just go over to 10th and walk about 6 blocks north to Burnside.

The Paramount is our usual choice when we go to Portland for a play or other evening event and we don't want to drive the 60 miles back to Dallas late at night. Great location and rates!

Mentioned in this post
The Heathman Hotel
The Heathman Hotel
2,356 Reviews
Portland, OR
RingSide Fish House
RingSide Fish House
593 Reviews
Portland, OR
Higgins Restaurant and Bar
Higgins Restaurant and...
753 Reviews
Portland, OR
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
5. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Portland, oregon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 05:16