We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to Erie

Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Hotels close to Erie

I am trying to plan a weekend in Erie for the end of July. We would be traveling with 2 adults and 3 children ages 8, 8, and 9. Planned on visiting Presque Isle and the waterpark. Perhaps Splash Lagoon if the weather isnt cooperating. That all being said... I'm having a hard time finding hotel accommodations in the area. Looking for 2 beds and a sofa bed or 3 beds. Preferably a suite, but it doesn't need to be. Are there any towns in the area that we could stay in that would be a short drive to Erie? We are coming from Cleveland. Seems like pretty much everything directly in Erie is booked for the type of room I'm looking for.

5 replies to this topic
Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Hotels close to Erie

There is a newly enlarged Holiday Inn Express in North East PA, about a half hour away. Also may be a few options in Edinboro, 20 minutes away. Those could be full also though. That's how it is in Erie in the summer!

Ripley
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Hotels close to Erie

Sarah, you might like the Holiday Inn Express at I90 & Rt 89 ( Station Road ) in North East,PA a short drive into Erie: Checking for the end of July they have a suite with 2 Queen Beds for $190.00 but the same room on Travelocity is $170.00 per night: But these change daily: We used to get Factory Reps in at an Erie Plant and some of them stayed here and liked it: Not a bad drive into Erie, and you can travel rt 5 or Rt 20 and sightsee or stay right on I-90 :

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Hotels close to Erie

There is a new Cobblestone Inn & Suites in Harborcreek (at the Wesleyville exit near Penn State Behrend). It may be exit 34, maybe 5-10 minutes closer to PI and Erie than North East.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Hotels close to Erie

It's a big late for this, but have you tried the Cobblestone Inn & Suites in Harborcreek? It's really close to I-90 and the Bayfront Connector. Its a suite hotel. It's new. It's not the closest hotel to Presque Isle but for that reason it may have availability. (It's near Penn State Behrend.)

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Hotels close to Erie

Only about a year too late........

Reply to: Hotels close to Erie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted