We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hidden valley vs. 7springs

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

Hi,

Our family are planning a ski trip to the western PA. Unfortunately none of us, including two adults and a 7-year-old boy, knows how to ski. can someone offer suggestions as to which place will suit us better, hidden valley or 7 springs?

Thanks a lot!

11 replies to this topic
WV
Level Contributor
401 posts
1. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

Hidden Valley will probably suit you better. It's more low key and less intimidating, especially at the bottom of the slope. They aren't that far from each other so you may want to ride over to the other one to check it out as well-

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,630 posts
56 reviews
34 helpful votes
2. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

My philosophy for first time skiers is to go the nicest resort you can afford with the most amenities. This way you get a real ski experience. Every mountain has its "bunny slopes" and there will be no intimidation factor. My kids started at 3& 5 at Stratton Mountain in Vt (many years ago) and this never even crossed my mind. I don't know your kid or Mgcme's family. Just another opinion.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
20 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

I agree that hidden valley would be a better place for "new" skiers. It's smaller and less intimidating and might be a little less expensive then 7 springs and everything is closer at hidden valley. Just MHO.

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
52 reviews
140 helpful votes
4. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

My husband and I prefer the overnight accommodations and slopes at Seven Springs but for novice skiers I suggest Hidden Valley. That's where we took our grandkids to learn to ski and even though we paid for group lessons, they were the only 2 in the class. Their instructor was marvelous. PS...When driving by Seven Springs the next day, we noticed their beginning class was mobbed.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
188 posts
13 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

I`ll go along with carolph. A lot less stress for first timers at HV and I`m sure they`ll give you great lessons.You`ll be skiing top to bottom on the bunny slopes by the middle of the day.Seriously.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
168 posts
224 reviews
135 helpful votes
6. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

I would agree that Hidden Valley is a better place to learn to ski, the trade off is there is less going on while not skiing at HV. Nightlife and lounging is better at 7 Springs, but if that is an issue, they are only about 10 miles apart or so. I would suggest visiting the one that you don't ski at just for future reference.

7. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 February 2020, 03:17

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
8. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and inputs! We actually went to HV twice since then and we loved it! Less crowd means more room to maneuver, and not that hectic. Great for the beginners. My son went to the children's camp both times and accordingly to him, HV and SS are actually connected (or maybe he just got confused). We did, however, went to SS for other activities, like eatery or clay shooting. It was actually fun to shoot the clay in snow. :)

Loch Arbour, New...
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
113 reviews
66 helpful votes
9. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

Thanks for reporting back. We don't always get them so it is greatly appreciated.

Meyersdale...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Save

I live out here. Connected in you can ski one to the other, no. Connected as they are now owned by same company, yes.

Reply to: hidden valley vs. 7springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hidden Valley
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.