We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campground near decent hikes and panoramas

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Campground near decent hikes and panoramas

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Manitoulin Island late this May to do some volunteering but, before I get settled in with my hosts, I wanted to do a bit of camping on my own for a couple nights. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a campground with ready access to decent hiking trails and panoramic views? From what I've seen in photos, the Cup & Saucer Trail has some pretty breathtaking vistas but, as near as I can gather, there aren't any campgrounds handy. I won't have a vehicle so I'll be getting around primarily via the ONTC's recently-instituted transit system and will need to be within walking distance of any trails. I'm not looking for particularly challenging hikes, just a good mix between forest and open air. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

1 reply
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
672 reviews
1. Re: Campground near decent hikes and panoramas

Best idea would be to ask your hosts for a recommendation. Unless things have changed you're right nothing near the trail.

Reply to: Campground near decent hikes and panoramas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manitoulin Island