We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

Australia
2 posts
Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

Has anyone any knowledge about getting from Newcastle Airport to Terrigal - eg a shuttle bus, limo service, taxi service? Many thanks.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

this site link on newcastle airport may help. it gives a number of options.

newcastleairport.com.au/templates/…

Australia
2 posts
2. Re: Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

A good suggestion. Thanks so much. Although I am embarrassed at missing this link on the internet after my 20 minutes scrambling around. The joys of internet! Anyway, fingers crossed the Newcastle Info Service has an option for me.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

i only thought of it when i got on to the local shuttle buses and found they only go to sydney airport or cruise ships. it was a good question. good luck let us know what u chose.

central coast nsw
Level Contributor
529 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

Hi,

Sorry took a little whil;e to post but have been busy past few days.

All the major car rental companies are at newy airport so that is 1 option.

The shuttle's as previously posted is another.

Third is public transport - can be a bit of an epic but is most cost effective - Bus from newy airport to newy rail see http://www.pscoaches.com.au/ , then train to gosford

www.cityrail.com.au/timetable/index.jsp

then bus to terrigal

www.busways.com.au/index.php?q=bwsearch

or if you miss a connection its $30 in a cab.

Central coast public transport is awful - so car rental may be an option - flying into newy suggests you coming with jetstar or virgin - check their deals with car rental companies or as you're from oz, if you are in a union with work check out th union shopper website - they have good deals.

Driving from newy to terrigal will take around 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours - follow the signs from the airport for sydney, once you're on the f3 head south, then once you pass the service centre near wyong, take the 3rd interchange (gosford exit), head east down into west gosford & follow the signs to terrigal - 1/2 hr max from interchange.

Hope this helps

5. Re: Newcastle Airport to Terrigal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Terrigal