We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Not sure if anyone can help but my daughter is going to Gosforth to work at the local hospital for 5 weeks in March 13 and would like to stay in Terrigal. We are struggling to find accommodation that is reasonably priced ( she is a student) and is going to be safe for her on her own anybody it any suggestions

7 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Hi,

If I were you I would contact the hospital they usually have an internal web site or physical entity where staff can advertise share accommodation.

BTW I used to live at Terrigal and the "after peak" bus times were useless. It may have improved but the Central Coast isn't noted for Public Transport links.

Cheers,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Thanks for that we have been told by the university here in England that the hospital cant give / not recommend any accommodation names as the hospital is private? Not sure if that's true but that's what we have been told.

We have tried everything even rung Australia house in London but they say look on Google.

Thanks anyway for advice much appreciated

Oz
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Hi,

Maybe this will help?

gumtree.com.au/s-short-term/…c18295l3002327

Cheers,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Tiarri Terrigal Beach is a boutique motel in Terrigal which caters for solo travellers as well as couples. It is a 7 minute walk to the beach yet is in a very quiet street and the rates are very reasonable. It is actually rated number 1 in Terrigal for hotels so that says something. I've stayed there as a solo and it was very homely. I think your daughter would feel very safe there.

I like the idea of your daughter staying away from the hospital for the 5 weeks. Terrigal is a nice beach suburb and there are plenty of dining options as well.

Edited: 12 December 2012, 19:27
Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

No help at all with accommodation in Terrigal but GosFORD hospital is public not private. I did a quick search and found this: …nsw.gov.au/employment/documents/NSCCHReloca…

It has a section on accommodation and a contact number at Gosford hospital for short term accommodation. I realise it's probably not Terrigal but it's cheap.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

This period also includes Easter (Good Friday is the 29th March) and NSW school holidays start on the 12th April, and these may impact availability and price of accommodation at that time.

If the hospital is so unhelpful that all they can do is suggest you use Google to find accommodation for your daughter I'm of the opinion she should reconsider her time there.

I have fairly strong views on this as I have experience in trying to assist a young nurse from the USA who arrived on a 457 Visa to work at St George Private hospital with no prearranged accommodation. I was then exposed to the dramas experienced by many of her colleagues in the same situation, and frankly I was not impressed by what we as Australians are doing to these workers.

Unless the experience she can get there cannot be gained elsewhere I'd suggest you look closely at what it will cost her to do the placement. She might be better training elsewhere and then coming to work later on a working holiday visa for a longer period.

My views will probably cause howls of derision from some, but I counsel you to consider what the costs and benefits will really be for your daughter.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks

Thanks for that advice we have found it very frustrating that the hospital have not been helpful nor have the university in England I might add!

If we can't get it sorted by the beginning of next week she will give back word to the university and seek a placement within the Uk.

Thanks to all of the comments and helpful advice that people have given I am so appreciative

Reply to: Accommodation in Terrigal for a student nurse for 5 weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Terrigal