We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog-friendly places on the NSW Central Coast

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dog-friendly places on the NSW Central Coast

We are heading to the Central Coast for a short getaway and have two small dogs in tow. I know there are plenty of beaches and parks that are dog-friendly. However, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other places we could take the pooches - namely cafes/restaurants, and other activities or places (markets, perhaps?)

I know The Haven in Terrigal is a great dog-friendly spot. Are there any others?

2 replies to this topic
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
645 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog-friendly places on the NSW Central Coast

Hi,

If you go onto the Gosford City Council web site and do a brief search you will come up with a list and map of off-lead areas in the Gosford LGA.

Most of the cafes around the Terrigal CBD are dog- friendly - as the locals are mainly dog friendly.

A lot of the cafes will provide a bowl of fresh water for your pooches. Just be aware that you are required to sit on the extremity of the outside seating areas, Council regulations apparently.

I could go on with a short list of the cafes that we frequent with our dogs - but I'll leave that to you.

You can take dogs to the Avoca markets - however - it gets so crowded it is more of an inconvenience - to the dogs.

Enjoy Terrigal !

Edited: 11 March 2013, 02:35
central coast nsw
Level Contributor
522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog-friendly places on the NSW Central Coast

Google up central coast tourism. when the page comes up enter dog friendly in the search box & there are many suggestions.

Reply to: Dog-friendly places on the NSW Central Coast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Terrigal