We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW

Canberra, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW

Hi there - heading up to Terrigal NSW in my RV on the October weekend and was just wondering if anyone knows of any nice areas I could possibly park for the night?

3 replies to this topic
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
696 reviews
1. Re: RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW

Hi,

There are places; The Haven etc. where you sometimes see people, usually backpackers parked over night, however, I suspect that this is against Council regulations - which are sometimes heavily and zealously enforced.

Some other local may be able to shed light on your question. I would be inclined to contact the Central Coast Council and ask advice.

Terrigal in recent times has become very, very congested. With new high rises being developed and parking even for a small car is at a premium.

If you are staying for a few days or longer, perhaps the Shelly Beach Caravan Park may be more user friendly?

happy travels!

central coast nsw
Level Contributor
529 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW

I concur with previous reply from "vada" but also will add the following.

Being a long weekend, its odds-on that enforcement will be considerably higher than other weekends, or even a mid-week night.

I do know that there is the odd motorhome parked up along Avoca Drive between the Bowling club to the roundabout at the eastern end of the shops & indeed in that carpark too but it's a chance you take.

Elsewhere there is an increasing amount of RV's being parked up overnight along Brisbane Water Dr thru Tascott and also at the car park behind Gosford Sailing club - 15 or so mins drive from Terrigal.

Perhaps an enquiry thru many of the freecamps forum online might shed more light for you.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW

This is a thread from 2016, so I expect the original poster has been and gone. :)

Reply to: RV/Motorhome Camping in or around Terrigal NSW
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Terrigal