We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden plough v. logan inn

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
golden plough v. logan inn

Hi!

My husband and I will be attending a wedding in New Hope, PA this September. The bride and groom listed the Golden Plough Inn and the Logan Inn as two possible accommodations.

Can anyone help us choose one over the other? We are leaning towards the Gold Plough because it is closer to the reception locale: the Holy Hedge Estate.

We would rather not drive too far after the reception is over...

We're also interested in the murder mystery dinner. Has anyone been? Do you recommend it? If not, could you recommend some dining options?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
New Hope
New Hope
Bucks County, PA
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Golden Plough Inn at...
485 Reviews
Lahaska, PA
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
230 Reviews
New Hope, PA
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golden plough v. logan inn

I haven't stayed in either location, so can't vouch for the accomodations themselves, but I would lean toward the Logan Inn based on the fact that it's in New Hope, which is a little "hipper" and has many more dining destinations and other diversions than the Peddler's Village location of Golden Plough. Also, in New Hope, you can walk across the bridge to Lambertville, NJ.

Mentioned in this post
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
230 Reviews
New Hope, PA
New Hope
New Hope
Bucks County, PA
Peddler's Village
Peddler's Village
646 Reviews
Lahaska, PA
Golden Plough Inn at...
485 Reviews
Lahaska, PA
Lambertville
Lambertville
New Jersey
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golden plough v. logan inn

I am not familiar with the accomodations at either, but I do agree that staying in New Hope would be more fun, and it's only 10 minutes from Lahaska. I can say that as restaurants, the Golden Plough is more of a tourist trap, and the Logan Inn gets more locals. I have a friend who recetly stayed at an inn in Lamberville (right across the river from New Hope, about a two block walk). If that sounds interesting, I can find out from him where it was and how they liked it.

Mentioned in this post
New Hope
New Hope
Bucks County, PA
Golden Plough Inn at...
485 Reviews
Lahaska, PA
Logan Inn
Logan Inn
230 Reviews
New Hope, PA
3. Re: golden plough v. logan inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Lahaska
Recent Conversations