We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Markets near Lancaster

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flea Markets near Lancaster

I have Saturday and Sunday of April 19th and 20 free to travel to some great Flea Markets in or near Lancaster Pa where I am staying. What is your opinion of some really large ones thare are worth the trip???

Bill

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

I know of one flea market on Route 340 west of Bird-In-Hand. It's kind of dumpy and full of cheap goods made overseas. You should know that most Amish or Mennonite-run businesses are closed on Sundays.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

Renningers, Shupp's Grove and Black Angus are some good, large ones around Adamstown (the northern end of Lanc County). All three are primarily antiques, but have a good selection of other, cheaper items.

www.renningers.com

www.shuppsgrove.com

www.stoudtsblackangusantiques.com

Also, the Leesport Market was always a favorite of mine, but it's about 1 1/2 hours from Lancaster. The Sunday Flea Market (held the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month) draws a lot of vendors.

www.leesportmarket.com

If by chance you get Friday as well, the Green Dragon is also a great flea market.

www.greendragonmarket.com

Have fun!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

BTW, all of the above are open Sundays (except Green Dragon) and Shupp's Grove and Renninger's have hours on Saturdays.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

I think the one scw was remembering is in Smoketown, right next to the bridge near where it intersects Rt. 896.

Maybe quite a drive but there is also one west of Elizabethtown on Rt. 230 called "Saturday's Market."

You might also get the Lancaster paper & check for yard sales.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
418 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

The market in Middletown is mostly indoors and doesn't have many Amish goods except bakery items. If that is what you want, you can find it closer.

If you will be in the aarea on a Tuesday, there is a great market called Roots near Manheim/Salunga. That has a variety of everything with a large indoor plus outdoor.

If you want antiques, the postings above offer the best suggestions!

I just realized this reply was past the date of your trip but if someone else needs the information, it's there!

Lancaster
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

There is a huge market on rt 230 in between Middletown and Elizabethtown. If the weather is good there will be lots of outside vendors. There are also a ton of vendors inside as well. It operates on Saturdays. I love this place.

7. Re: Flea Markets near Lancaster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:16