We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale adult restaurant/tavern

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
58 helpful votes
Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

When in Ligonier, check out the Road Toad for fine, smoke free dining and drinks.

We were quite impressed, and surprised no one has mentioned it on Tripadvisor.

I've never seen a place so clean (or a men's room with flowers), plus the wine, appetizers and entrees are extraordinary. Sometimes they even have fresh rum cake!

Please keep in mind no children under eight are allowed, and it's totally smoke free.

Located right before Idlewild Park on Rt. 30E, it's a standout in our book!

Greensburg
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

If you are planning a trip to lovely Ligonier, do so. But please beware of the Ligonier tavern. It was a very special day for my sister, her birthday. It was a special birthday and we had my triplets there to celebrate. We had been to this establishment a few times before..and received mediocre food and service. But they offered a special "deal" for birthdays. Teh card on the table advertised. LIGONIER TAVERN'S BIRTHDAY CLUB. Join today and celebrate your birthday with 5 ot more of your friends!!!. Your party (must be held teh month of your birthday) will include:

* The birthday guy or gal entree free.

* A $10.00 Ligonier Tavern gift certificate

* Balloons

* A small cake

* PLUS 10% off your guest's entree!

Must make reservatuons - Offer good Sunday - Friday. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail, phone or mail.

I made reservations on line and got a call from the reservations manager. The reservations were there when we arrived. We told the waitress we were celebrating the birthday. She simply greeted my sister with the appropriate celutation. However when she gave us the bill, the birthday benefits were NOT taken off the bill. Upon inquiry, she knew nothing about the discounts nor gifts. There were no balloons, no cake, nothing! When we asked her she seemed stupified. She said she would have to ask. She came back in exactly 12.5 minutes and said it was not offered. We were shocked. We said that we wanted to know why. She said she would have to check. A woman came to us after waiting 8 minutes. She said we had to make a reservation. We said we had. She said we had not. We said to check the book. Then she tried to weasel out of the gifts by saying we had to mail the card in. NOWHERE on the card did it say we had to sign the card. She said well that it was clear on the card. We said it was not and showed her. The bantering continued. Finally they agreed to honor the $10.00 next trip...like we would go back! Then they said that they took care of the bill. I lft the restaurant very irritated...but when I got outside the restaurant, I noticed that the bill was credited only 10 percent- $4.15. So I went back in. I asked to see the owner. he came out after 7.5 minutes. I told him about my experience. He began to explain the procedure...again. I said that is NOT clearly stated on the card. I told him that I was a customer and simply wanted what I was offered. He said I was. I said I was not, He then YELLED at me and then GRABBED out of my hand my receipt. I said I did not like the way he was treating me as a customer. He said he did not like me! I left the restaurant. CAN YOU IMAGINE1 I simply asked for what they advertised. Further - this restaurant had mediocre food with mediocre service. But the customer service is horrible... BEWARE OF THIS RESTAURANT.

Aliquippa, PA
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

Went to the Ligonier Tavern for our 9th Wedding Anniversary. Here's what we got:

1.) A seat in direct sunlight, and an irritated hostess who acted inconvenienced when we asked to move.

2.) An 70 minute wait for entrees. (Every table in my area experienced this).

3.) No drink refills, until after about 50 minutes.

4.) A used toothpick in my wife's chicken salad.

5.) A filthy, absolutely deplorable men's room, with no clean towels.

6.) Couple next to us had lipstick on their unwashed wine glasses.

Avoid this abomination of restaurant at all costs.

Ligonier, PA
4 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

Guess things went downhill when they painted over the bible verses on the wall. :-)

Go to Ivy's cafe - nice people, nice food, cozy atmosphere. My heart sings when I give them my money, and they actually care about their customers!

Lauren

san francisco
7 posts
4. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

its a shame that such a beautiful town doesn't have better restaurants. the tavern has been there so long that they take their customers and food for granted. 4.5 out of 10 at best. the best thing that could happen to this place is a little competition, although I don't think the town would support an upscale restaurant. bathroom is a real dump.

san francisco
7 posts
5. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

its a shame that such a beautiful town doesn't have better restaurants. the tavern has been there so long that they take their customers and food for granted. 4.5 out of 10 at best. the best thing that could happen to this place is a little competition, although I don't think the town would support an upscale restaurant. bathroom is a real dump.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
3 reviews
31 helpful votes
6. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern
Save

Ivy's sounds like a good option! Nice suggestion.

7. Re: Upscale adult restaurant/tavern

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Ligonier
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.