We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohiopyle camping with dog

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Ohiopyle camping with dog

any recommendations for tent sites that allow dogs? I prefer walk-in sites (not terribly far from the car) but a little distance from the RVs. We are tying to meet halfway(ish) between Detroit and Philadelphia. Thanks!

1 reply
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
1. Re: Ohiopyle camping with dog

Kentuck campground in the state park has about 2 dozen walk-in sites, and a bunch of sites that allow dogs. Only a few of the walk-in sites allow dogs, and they're fairly close to sites with electric that are presumably much more likely to have trailers or RVs. There aren't really any sites specifically for tents, but plenty without electric. Based on where things are you may find that a drive up non-electric site is your best bet. You can find the campground map here:

…state.pa.us/cs/…dcnr_003522.pdf

Since you're from Philly you may already know that PA state parks prohibit alcohol. I know that plenty of it gets drunk in the park anyway, but I've also heard of people being thrown out because a ranger saw (unopened) beer in their cooler.

There are several private campgrounds in the area. I don't know much about them, but I expect that some allow dogs.

Reply to: Ohiopyle camping with dog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ohiopyle
More Ohiopyle Topics