We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic on Game Day

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
331 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic on Game Day

Hi - we're coming in for the game this weekend from the DC area. We'd like to beat the traffic by getting an early start (we'll be coming up on I-99). With the game starting at noon, what time should we aim to be in State College to avoid getting stuck in traffic? Thanks for your help.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic on Game Day

I can't help you with directions but wanted to point out that the game is at 3:30 pm. That might hopefully add an extra hour or two of sleep in to your schedule!

Edited: 02 September 2011, 14:02
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic on Game Day

Oops I'm sorry! I thought you were talking about next weeks game vs. Bama. That game is at 3:30. Good luck in your travels!

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
331 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic on Game Day

Thanks anyway! We got into State College about 2 1/2 hours before the start of the game and did not run into any traffic at all (of course, Indiana St. wasn't the biggest game of the season). We came north on I-99, which is reduced to 1 lane at places due to road work. I'm not sure when that work is to be completed, but it might be something to consider if anyone is traveling in that direction.

Maryland
Level Contributor
116 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic on Game Day

Thanks for the heads-up about I-99 as we're headed up there this weekend from MD.

5. Re: Traffic on Game Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about State College