We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

Ive never been there but is jamestown a bit more inexpensive than staying in narragansett Im looking to have my two nephews with me and another adult. I didnt want to spend more than 70-80 a nite. is that even possible? if so can you suggest any that are clean? its doesnt have to be fancy just clean!!!!!!!!!!! with a tv/ac?

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

Jamestown doesn't have much in the hotel/motel line. There's the Bay Voyage Inn, but that won't fit your price range. Have you looked at B&Bs? Check out bbonline.com.

You also might want to look into South Kingstown (north of Narragansett) -- there's a Holiday Inn on Rt. 1, fairly close to the town line. Charlestown, another option, is south of Narragansett and may have some cheaper options.

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

thanks so much for your useful info. Im not familiar with RI but I wanted to check something that wasnt such a far ride from ct. But I know its last minute and not too many vacancys. if you were to stay anywhere..........would you stay in south kingston? or north? I havent looked into b&b's because most dont want kids..if you can shed some lite Id be grateful though! again............thanks so much for all your info!

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

What do you want to be near to? That info would help. Your first message sounded like you wanted to be near Narragansett, hence my response.

If you look at bbonline, they indicate kid-friendly options. You can call and ask, too, if you see something in a good location.

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
4. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

I did want naragansett, but I cant seem to find an affordable hotel. the B&b's dont want kids........and other hotel reviews there have been bad!!!!!!! other than the pricey ones........so thats why Im having alot of trouble . Im willing to go outside of naraganset.......to save money and maybe have it be not as packed?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
125 posts
5. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

check out some of the new hotels on 95 near the airport in Warwick, a Marriot I think, and maybe a Holiday Inn. If it fits your budget it still less than half hour or so to Newport or Narragansett

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
6. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

THANKS so much! so you say those hotels are 95 would be in the town of "warwick" when Im checking? thank you so much. thats a big help becauase a hallf hour isnt bad......to be away from the beach. thanks any other things we should see or do in narragansett with my nephews?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
125 posts
7. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

I would think the TF Green airport website will direct you to some of the hotels...also the motel 6 in Npt is definitly adequate/clean but I don't know about availability.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

It's going to be very difficult to get something near Narragansett, in the summer, that's in good condition, accepts children, for that price. If you can find something in Warwick and don't mind the drive, then go for it. Just be aware that going back to Warwick, up Route 1 (main road from Narragansett north), may involve some traffic backups at the end of the day (4 to 6 pm). Just plan for it. The big attraction in Narragansett is the beach, but there are some mini-golf attractions and the like. You can go to Galilee and see the fishing boats, and there's the South County (historical) Museum, too. Also check out the local Chamber of Commerce website for other ideas.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
180 posts
138 reviews
9. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

Are you coming from CT or NY? Are you traveling on Rt 95 north? Westerly is a pretty good beach town and is close enough to Rt 1 to visit Narragansett and those area's. Better than Warwick I would think.

10. Re: inexpensive hotel for two nites with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Jamestown