We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Already looking forward to next July

Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Already looking forward to next July

We have our house booked for the 14-21st. Can't wait to spend my days at Mackerel Cove and 'Gansett town beach, and my nights chasing bass around the island. It's going to be a long winter...

3 replies to this topic
Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Already looking forward to next July

I love Mackerel, prettiest beach in RI, if not New England. I broke my swim record this year on Oct 12th, and was pleased to see many others in the water too. It was a priceless late summer Sunday, no lifeguards, dogs on the beach, kayaks in the water, locals, out of towners- everyone was soaking it up. What's with all big blue crabs washing up dead all summer long though; wouldn't want to meet one of those under my toes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Already looking forward to next July

I wish I saw some of those blue crabs. Yum. Usually only see them over by Zeke's Creek. I also think Mack Cove is the prettiest beach in RI, it is definitely my favorite. I love going down early in the morning then returning late in the afternoon with my pup so he can run through the waves. I wish i could've made it down this fall. I usually fish around the island the beginning of Oct then head west as the month progresses. Busted my knee at Watch Hill in Sept so that was the end of the season for me. Can't wait to be standing on MY rock :) in Hull Cove at 2am with a dark moon and fish feeding at my feet. Beavertail in the morning with a high, dropping tide....fish on!

I also spend a lot of time in Gansett and love having a couple Blue Moons on top of the Coast Guard House while Tribecca is playing. Ahhh, is it May yet?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Already looking forward to next July

RI in general is grossly under-rated as a vacation spot- good, lets keep it that way and keep it as enjoyable as it is!

Reply to: Already looking forward to next July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jamestown