We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Spring Jamestown Trip

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Late Spring Jamestown Trip

My husband, myself, and my brother & sister in law (plus three kids under age 4) are thinking about a week long rental in Jamestown next spring (June 15-22). Looking for info regarding:

Are there activities for children and families?

Nice restaurants/bars for a date night or two?

How are the beaches? (The rental we are thinking about is in Jamestown Shores)

Staying in Jamestown vs. Newport

1 reply
Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Late Spring Jamestown Trip

Jamestown being an island is a great place for a family vacation, and Newport is just a 10 min drive away, or a ferry ride. There are upscale eateries, nice bakeries, and even entertainment, in the village. The town beach is very picturesque and much more kid friendly than other beaches that get waves like on the mainland, in late June the water is still pretty clear, though beaches on the mainland have lighter sand. There are farms to visit, and some of the best state parks to explore overlooking the ocean. Newport is a much busier place in the summer. The Shores area is a residential neighborhood, three miles from the main village, and has with a very small neighborhood beach, good for little kids, better to go there at high tides.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 13:25
Reply to: Late Spring Jamestown Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jamestown