We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

midwest
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

I just realized that I posted this under the general forum of South Carolina and not the actual city we're interested in--Beaufort, SC. I'm reposting in the hopes that it will be in the more specific forum :)

We will be visitng Beaufort for a day trip while camping at Hunting Island in early August.

We LOVE fresh seafood. What are some recommendations as to great, fresh and resaonably priced restaurants that we might go to? Shrimp, crab, lobster, flounder and grouper are some of our favorites.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

My previous response in the other forum still holds.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

I have my personal favorites:

Close to Hunting Island - The Shrimp Shack

Downtown Beaufort (Bay St) - Saltus or Plums

Port Royal - 11th St Dockside ---Great Food

Best seafood Dive in the area - Nippy's

midwest
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

There are 2 locations for 11th St Dockside, correct? Any noticable differences in the quality of either?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

11th St has 2 locations as noted on their website. I believe that quality is similar at both.

midwest
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestions :)

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

One thing to note is the difference in prices. Shrimp Shack (St. Helena Island), Boondocks (St. Helena Island), and Nippys are on the lower end of the $ spectrum. Dockside is mid-range, and Plums and Saltus are higher end.

I will also add Breakwater (higher end) to the mix; even though they are not a typical seafood place, they serve some excellent seafood dishes.

If dining with a view is also important, both Dockside restaurants have great views.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 09:25
J M
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

11th Street Dockside. We are particular about our fresh seafood. Excellent. We spent two nights in Beaufort and seven nights near Charleston, 11th St Dockside was better seafood.

http://www.11thstreetdockside.com/

8. Re: Seafood restaurant suggestions near/in Beaufort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 05:15