We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

LOL, FL
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

We will be stopping in Beaufort for a day during our I-95 trek from FL to NJ.

Do I need to make hotel reservations ahead of time or can I wait til we get there? Hate to commit due to weather, etc.

Thank you.

Barbara

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

I try to be spontaneous but I would never consider not having a hotel reservation especially during summer months. Check cancellation policies. Many (chain) hotels now allow you to cancel on the day of arrival.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,033 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

Definitely make a reservation! Summer is high season throughout Coastal South Carolina.

The Best Western "Sea Island Inn" is extremely well located in Beaufort's historic town center. As part Best Western chain, they might have more liberal cancelations policies than independent hotels in the historic area - http://www.sea-island-inn.com/

Mentioned in this post
Sea Island
Sea Island
Golden Isles of Georgia, GA
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,922 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

BW Sea Island Inn is a great location and they include a nice breakfast. Very good for a one night stop, it's within walking distance of plenty of restaurants for the evening, as well.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Island
Sea Island
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

The BW Sea Island Inn is a very popular property that is often booked solid. I highly recommend reservations to any hotel you will stay in. Other solid hotel options include the Beaufort Inn in downtown or the Hilton Garden Inn, which is on Boundary Street and within a five minute drive of downtown. You may also want to look into staying at a historic B&B for a more Lowcountry-esque experience. If you go that route, I like the Cuthbert House Inn the best.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Island
Sea Island
The Beaufort Inn
The Beaufort Inn
1,412 Reviews
Beaufort, SC
Boundary Street Cafe
Boundary Street Cafe
305 Reviews
Beaufort, SC
Cuthbert House Inn
Cuthbert House Inn
646 Reviews
Beaufort, SC
5. Re: Do I need a hotel reservation in summer months?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 00:17