We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 or 2 nights

oxford
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
1 or 2 nights

Deciding whether to stay one or two nights in Beaufort - my sister and I ike the idea of relaxing with water views. Our mini road trip on the way to HH (staying in property not on beach).

Only have 3 nights total for Savannah-beaufort split. Or mount pleasant? I know we can drive from HH but want to relax on the island when there.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Are you spending any time in Charleston???

One night in Beaufort is probably enough to take in the historical sights. Head out to Hunting Island, as well.

Savannah is further south, below HHI.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 or 2 nights

When are you traveling and what is your budget for accommodations? We can devise plans that are good in theory but might not work in reality. Please help us!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 or 2 nights

After reading some of your past posts, regarding this trip, I think you need to clarify what your current plans are, at this point everything seems pretty confused.

Short time in each location, you need to make the best of that time. If you have figured out the route you are taking from Orlando, please post.

Also, yes, your budget would be helpful and when you plan on visiting.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Do make a plan and firm up your itinerary!

If your trip is this summer you need to make your hotel reservations immediately. Summer is high season in the coastal areas of Georgia and South Carolina. Popular places - particularly those with lovely water views - may already be fully booked. Also, some accommodations will require a minimum stay.

If your trip is spring or fall, you are more likely to find availability ... Unless you are traveling Easter week or Memorial Day weekend May 30.

oxford
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Hi, Long reply...I'm travelling in April (3 adults). We have 6 nights before we need to be in HH (staying for a one week in a rental property where we are meeting others in our group). Fly into Orlando late on Sat and plan 2 nights Sat & Sun) - Sunday for Magic Kingdom).

Mon collect car frm Orlando airport as we don't want to drive until recovered frm flight.

Go to Boggy Creek near airport for 1/2 hour alligator airboat ride or skip this & get on road

Drive to St Augustine via Blue Springs Park (stay Mon in SA near old town so we can just wander streets on Tues morn)

then coastal route to Savannah (stay Tues)

Wed?

See Savannah natural park area

Thurs - one night Beaufort stay by water as my sister loves a water view & see Island

Fri - HH rental begins for one week

Then we have a fri & sat before our flight back from Orlando to UK on Sun early eve.

Not planned as yet but need about 6 hours to drive back.

Less into history & museums for this trip - more into nature, good food & cafes, scenery by water & relaxing & walking rather than driving when we arrive at each place.

Charleston does sound wonderful & I had planned 2 days there instead of Savannah/Beaufort but thought the extra 2 hours both ways past Hh wld eat into our time and Sav & Beaufort are more walkable for short time visits.

But I can change back to Charleston 2 nights or go on the Wed?

Too many wonderful choices! Not sure we will want to do daytrips frm HH as less relaxing for the driver.

Edited: 06 March 2016, 05:21
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Be advised that the "water" near Beaufort is the river, not the ocean. There is a nice little waterfront park downtown, but it is on the river. For an ocean beach, you will need to go out to Harbor Island or Fripp Island.

Edited: 06 March 2016, 08:46
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Wow, you've got a lot of stuff up in the air, for coming up on a trip in the next few weeks.

Steve is right, no ocean views in Beaufort, it's not on an island. You'll have to find a B&B, I think, to get water views. The Best Western, right across from the Waterfront Park may be the best you get.

I'm guessing it will be a little much to spend time in Charleston, you may be better served by staying south of Beaufort.

Spring in the Lowcountry means you need to be making some reservations right away.

oxford
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 or 2 nights

Thanks all your help. I've made bookings!

HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 or 2 nights

DO NOT miss Hunting Island State Park right near Beaufort. It is magical. We love the maritime forest where at high tide the sea is IN the forest...but at low tide you can walk forever...the lighthouse is great to explore too.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 or 2 nights

I don't know where you got the idea that Beaufort and Savannah are more walkable than Charleston ~ it is just not so. However, with that said, I don't think you have enough time for Charleston on this trip anyway.