We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code

ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
178 reviews
Dress Code

Can anyone tell me if dining at Husk with shorts is ok? My husband doesn't want to bring along long pants when we go to Charleston but are dress shots appropriate?

5 replies to this topic
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,224 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Dress Code

Dress shorts with a button down shirt or nice golf shirt should be fine. That said, your husband might want to throw in a pair of long trousers to ward off chill from excessive air conditioning at some restaurants.

ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
178 reviews
2. Re: Dress Code

Thanks! I’m the one who will be cold! Good idea...

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Dress Code

There will be guys in shorts, but DH always wears long slacks to the nicer restaurants, particularly in the evening.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,224 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Dress Code

To clarify - I was responding specifically to the question about Husk. Stylistically, Husk may be unique - fine dining, but not particularly "formal", especially in the early evening and among the many patrons who start at the bar and put in table requests while there. At other top dinner restaurants, like Peninsula Grill, FIG, and others, long trousers are more the norm.

ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
178 reviews
5. Re: Dress Code

We have late dinner vreservations so I think shorts may be ok. Thanks

Reply to: Dress Code
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted