We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

Washington DC...
4 posts
2 reviews
Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

I have been looking for a hop on/off trolley tour that includes some historical information along the path. I cannot do a walking tour as I'm traveling with senior citizens who cannot keep up with the tour. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that provides this type of service?

Many thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,175 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

I am not aware of such a tour, there are several tours done in a van (not a huge bus), but I don't think you can get on & off. There are also the carriage tours (also not on & off) but an informative and pleasant way to see things. I have done the "on & off" type tour trolleys in other cities, altho they tend to be much larger cities.

Washington DC...
4 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,241 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

There is a free trolley service provided by the local bus company, but it is not a tour...

ridecarta.com/riding-carta/…dash-trolley

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
329 reviews
4. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

The tour services, whether bus or carriage, are not allowed in Charleston to make stops and let people on/off. This is primarily due to traffic congestion and the streets being very narrow in places. Most of the streets in the HD are residential. In your situation, I would take a bus tour then go hop on and off of the shuttle service.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

Your Senior Citizens would love the carriage tour! You probably would too!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

I would also recommend a carriage tour. I took my 88 yo grandmother on one and she loved it! We used Palmetto Carriage (at the red barn) for the tour. My grandmother gets around in a wheelchair and we were able to board from an elevated platform so she didn't have to go up steps. You just have to let them know when you get your tickets. They also gave us front seats because of my grandmother.

1 post
1 review
7. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

Hello

I am very pleased to tell you that there is now a Hop On Hop Off trolley tour in the Lowcountry. I own the service and would ask that you go to our website at lowcountrylooptrolley.com. We go to the Charleston visitors center and also to Patriots Point museum, Boone Hall Plantation, the beaches and restaurants and more. Pls call us if we can assist you and I'm glad that we have a service that is travel friendly for seniors, visitors that need assistance.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
719 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

GLKnight, I believe the poster is looking for a guided tour that includes stops at points of interest, not just transporation. From what I saw on your website, you don't offer tours with a licensed guide.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

IOP, thanks for commenting. GLKnight is posting on a 6-month old thread to advertise a transportation service with drop-offs at the Charleston Visitors Center and points east of the Cooper River.

10. Re: Hop On/Off Trolley Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 17:35
Edited: 07 November 2013, 17:35