We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resource for Timeshare Rentals

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Resource for Timeshare Rentals

Hello Fellow Tripadvisors: I know many people are looking for rentals. I am going to suggest another option if you would like to rent a timeshare. Perhaps it's even a great way to see if you'd be interested in buying a timeshare on HHI, who knows? I have enjoyed staying at three of Hilton Head's timeshares : Egret Point in Shipyard Plantation, Waterside by Spinnaker near Coligny Plaza and Ocean Palms in Port Royal (we are timeshare owners and used our RCI Points to do this and were SO pleased.) Anyway, here's the link:

tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/…

You will have to click on the "Planning Calendar" on the top left corner and I suggest you print it out if you are serious about looking. That way, you will have the week number handy.

This is just another option. I am not suggesting one thing over another because we have done private rentals, travelzoo and timeshare and we have loved them all. It all depends sometimes on what your budget will allow. One thing is for certain, if you do your homework, you will LOVE Hilton Head.

Hope this helps,

PS, this link is private timeshare owners looking to rent their places.

D in Muskoka.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resource for Timeshare Rentals

Good site! I didn't know this existed. Thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resource for Timeshare Rentals

With regard to TUG (Timeshare Users Group), I have been a member for several years and it is a great resource for anything related to timeshares. I believe you must be a member to log onto the marketplace section ($10-$15/year fee), but this may have changed. There is also a "free" site not requiring membership and that is through their bulletin board. One of the forums is "rentals offered" and another is "rentals wanted." For these, rental dates are only 45 days out (last minute) and cannot exceed $700/week rate (or $100/night). I have used this site successfully to both rent out and secure a rental. For HHI, you would go to the "southeast USA" section. This is also a good resource if you want to buy or sell a timeshare.

3. Re: Resource for Timeshare Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 02:24