We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

Which Isle of Palms hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

We are renting a home on IOP this summer during the 4th of July week. Our group consists of ages 5 to 73. Does anyone have some suggestions as to activities for the kids? Mini golf etc? We also are going on an adult only dinner in Charleston so would love some recommendations for good restaurants. Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

There is no mini golf on the island. I think there is one out on Hwy 17 north. The main attraction on the island is the beach. There is a beach front area that has a few shops, restaurants, ice cream shop, etc.

If you want to take the kids into Charleston, they might enjoy the aquarium. Out in N. Charleston, near the Tanger Outlet center, there is a fireman's museum that gets rave reviews from kids and adults.

For tons of restaurant info, read over some of the other posts.... We are always suggesting restaurants, our favorites come up over and over again. You will definitely need to make reservations in advance, as the best restaurants are very busy during the summer tourist season.

A few to consider...FIG, Magnolia's, 82 Queen, Slightly North of Broad (SNOB), Anson, etc.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

Yes, Endo, there is a place on HWY 17 N. Blackbeard's Cove - has mini golf, go-carts, arcade games, etc. http://www.blackbeardscove.net/.

The kids (and adults) would also enjoy one of the eco-tours. Barrier Island Eco-Tours leaves from IOP Marina. http://nature-tours.com/

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

How did I forget about the Eco Tours????? I usually suggest them. :-)

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

if you're staying at Wild Dunes, they have lots of events for kids. If you're not, check out the Isle of Palms Rec Center webpage, they have several offerings as well..

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

Thanks to all

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

There aren't any mini golf places on Isle of Palms that I know of. There are a few in Charleston, but its not like Myrtle Beach were they have tons of places.

Other kids activities I might suggest:

South Carolina Aquarium.

Ghost Walk Tours downtown Charleston

South Carolina Maritime Museum

Charles Town Landing State Park (they have a small zoo there)

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

Just one hint... do NOT save the aquarium for a rainy day. We tried that when we were there.... lines were 3 hours long just to get in!! Seriously...

This was during Spring Break, and it was the only rainy day that week. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to go, as we tried at 11, 1, 3, and 4, and the lines were still too long!

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

I think kids, probably boys especially, would like to see the USS Yorktown at Patriot's Point. If the kids like history, they may also enjoy Ft. Sumter.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

Speaking of Fort Sumter... Fort Moultrie is on Sullivan's Island, just a couple of minutes from IOP. It's a National Park, too, and only costs about $3 to visit :)

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Isle Of Palms 4th of July week 2012

I plan to go there, IOPnative. We went to Sumter the last time we were in Charleston (in 2008), but we didn't go to Moultrie.

Get answers to your questions about Isle of Palms