We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariners watch v windswept villas

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Mariners watch v windswept villas

Looking to rent a condo through Kiawah resort for an August stay. These both look fairly similar in relation to location of beach and night heron pool. Are there any other big differences between the 2 I should consider? Traveling will be me with my wife and our 3 year old son. We stayed in mariners watch last year. Thanks.

12 replies to this topic
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

No significant differences, if you've stayed in Mariner's Watch, you were right across the street from Windswept. The only differences will be in the decor of the individual units (which are each privately owned).

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

Thank you. Anyone familiar with 4409 windswept? Pros? Cons?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

We've stayed at both and really enjoyed both. Each individual condo unit is unique so pick the one you like best. Windswept had us with unobstructed views of the beach and just a little closer to the convenience store.

Walpole...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

We have stayed in both Windswept and Mariners. I really like the Windswept the best.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

Lostfan, why did you like windswept better?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

For most folks, Windswept is more centrally located, especially when wanting to be close to activities at Night Heron Park.

Even though Mariner's Watch is right across the street, there is more of a walk.

Walpole...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

Hi-- I like the layout of Windswept better... also the location altho they are not that far apart. Stayed in Windswept (various villas) about 5x Mariners once and I believe Turtle once too. Windswept just appeared cleaner and more well kept, but I could've just lucked out!

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

We are in building 4446. Does anyone know which villa or other structure this is?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

You are probably in one of the two condo buildings on the island. It is oceanfront, can't tell you what your view will be from your exact unit. It would be Windswept.

Centrally located, not far from East Beach amenities and not far from The Sanctuary.

Edited: 15 July 2018, 00:17
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Mariners watch v windswept villas

Actually, that could be either Windswept or Shipwatch, which is closer to the “front” of the island.

Ask the Resort which building you are in.

There is a map of the island, available on the Resort’s website.

Edited: 15 July 2018, 09:09
Reply to: Mariners watch v windswept villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island