We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Topic
Flooding

I've followed the flooding coverage from Charleston, and wondering how Kiawah is holding up? We are heading down Friday.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Flooding

Perhaps some good news for people planning to visit Kiawah this weekend:

Although some rain is still in the forecast, sounds like it will be minimal and scattered. For Saturday the forecast is partly cloudy with thunderstorms developing late in the day and overnight; then, cloudy with "showers" on Sunday.

If I had a special weekend planned at The Sanctuary, I would probably go ahead with it. More than about the weather, I would be concerned with allowing time to get on and off island, given road closures on route. Once you are here, just stay put and enjoy.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Flooding

Yes, it's looking much better than it was earlier today!

Crescent Springs...
3 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Flooding

Hi and thanks all for the updates. We drove down from Kentucky yesterday and had no problems getting in (other than 2 unruly children after 13 hours in the car ;-). The island looks FANTASTIC so for anyone contemplating whether or not to make the trip, I'd say come on down. I was a total skeptic but other than a few patches of high water you'd never know they got so much rain less than a week ago. Believe the folks who live here. :-)

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Flooding

Thanks to several votes of confidence from recent posters.

There were some pretty nasty people on here a few days ago, hopefully they've found something better to do w/their time.

Yes, the island looks pretty darned good, had friends on the golf courses yesterday.

There is still standing water at Main/17, but from what I hear the intersection is open.

There is still a sinkhole on Bohicket (hearing to be worked on next week), so traffic will be routed around that.

All is good!

Pickerington, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: Flooding

Thanks so much for all the updates. My husband and I will be traveling from Ohio to Kiawah next Friday to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Warm wishes to all of the residents who have weathered the storm and kept us informed. One of the many reasons we love visiting this area are the wonderful people.

Edited: 09 October 2015, 16:33
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Flooding

Hey Georgiana: I lived in Pickerington for a number of years, been gone from there for over 20 yrs..

Headed up that way next week, to Delaware and Pickerington. Looks as if it's going to be fall-like up there.

Edited: 09 October 2015, 17:07
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Flooding

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Georgiana. Although we are doing well on Kiawah, we are so aware that many in South Carolina are suffering. All of us are thankful to live among wonderful people, who reach out to friends, neighbors, and strangers even when they themselves are not in the best of straights.

48. Re: Flooding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2015, 06:18
49. Re: Flooding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2016, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Kiawah Island
Recent Conversations