We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

I am staying in the cherry grove section of myrtle beach this month and was wondering if anyone knew about the nightlife in north myrtle beach? I have heard of broadway at the beach, but from my understanding it's pretty far from where we are staying? Is there any place to go to in the North myrtle beach area?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Hi, Natalie, Do you have a car? Broadway is within driving distance...

its a fantastic place...

If you do not have a car, I do not know what is available in the Cherry Grove area.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,973 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Not a whole lot of night life up that way. Leans more towards family and older vacationers.

There is Harold's On The Ocean at the end of Sea Mountain Highway. Really isn't anymore than old beach bar. They do have live music. Some people like it. Some are put off by it.

Duffy Street Seaffood Shack has Happy Hour. Lots pf blues played on sound system. Not sure about sittin at bar while people are eating.

Mile or two south in Ocean Drive section is Spanish Gallion. Popular with the early twenty-somethings.

For the older set there is Harolds on Main Street. Leans more to the "Shaggers" who go there to dance.

Straight out Rt 9 from Cherry Grove you pick up Rt 31 south. 20-30 minutes you can be at Broadway At The Beach.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Thanks for info - I greatly appreciate it! Sounds like we'll be doing the drive to broadway at the beach. Any ideas how much a cab would cost from N. myrtle beach to broadway?

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Spanish Galleon..OD section

Stool Pigeons..Barefoot Landing

Cowboys Nightlife on 17 between OD and Crescent

Bottoms Up Gentlemen's Club 17 north

2001 Night Club near Rest. Row

Dynamite's At Dock Holidays 13th Ave. North @ waterway

Filets at Harbourgate

Harold's On The Ocean in the Cherry Grove section

Fat Harold's Ocean Drive section

Pat & Mikes Irish Pub in Little River

Mick & Mikes

House of Blues north of Barefoot landing

Alabama Theater at Barefoot

Duck's Beach Club Ocean Drive

HB Spokes Saloon on Hwy. 9

OD Shag Club

OD Pavilion Ocean Drive

Crazy Horse adult 17 Windy Hill

Overtime Sports Cafe 17 Crescent section

Dolly Marcy's Ocean Boulevard @ Crescent

Anchor Marina

Doll House adult restaurant row

Sand-trap Cocktail Lounge and Sports Bar and Fishtails Beach Bar at Baywatch Crescent

Marina Raw Bar & Grill 13th N

Oscar's Sports bar 17 Windy Hill

Lot's of restaurant/bars like Friday's

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

We have been to Molly darcy's Irish Pub right on the ocean in North Myrtle beach.They have great food and music.You may want to give it a try.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Molly Darcy's On The Beach

1701 South Ocean Boulevard

North Myrtle Beach

843-272-5555

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

When you say nightlife, that could mean a thousand things. That is what is great about Myrtle Beach something for everyone. We live in MB for that exact reason, night time entertainment. We live in Little River and drive the 25 mins to Broadway at Beach every weekend. We love Crocodile Rocks. But we also hang out in NMB, Dynamites at Dock Holidays, few miles from Cherry Grove beach on Hwy 17 has live music most nights and it varies from rock to shaq, country, something for everyone. Harolds on the Beach (aka HOTO's) and Fat Harolds are all shag music. NOT OUR THING. You can head further south to 2001, dance club. Pat and Mikes in Little River has alot of live music. MB and NMB has alot to chose from, Barefoot Landing will have some nice restaurants/bars, if that is your thing.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Hart1,

Is the Dynamites at docks kid friendly or is it just a bar?What about Dead Dog Saloon?If you know.Thanks

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

By nightlife, I guess I mean bars and nightclubs. I will be down there with my husband and friends and we are in-between the ages of 22-30. Thank you all for your input- has been very helpful.

Little River
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Night life in North Myrtle Beach?

Hello, there are lots of places in North Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove area. There are SHAG clubs on Main Street, Pubs and live music along the water way and in Litte River. Live shows and great music. If I can help more, let me know.

jiim from Litte River

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations