We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

someplace in the us
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Thank you, thank you, thank you...

to whom ever emailed me the directions to MB from Youngstown, Ohio. They were awesome! We didn't have any problems with traffic at all on the way down or back!

Thanks also to everyone else who gave me advice on places to eat and things to do.

We just got back from our 7 night stay at Dunes Village Resort and had an absolute wonderful time! I'd highly recommend the hotel. We will definitely go back next summer!

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Dunes Village Resort
Dunes Village Resort
6,537 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Which directions did you use? We're heading down in 11 days from Pittsburgh.

Thanks

Ron

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Here is how we go from Columbus, Ohio

77 S to exit 101 which is the new 74 corridor, goes left and you caneasily pass it if your not in the left lane.

74 becomes US 52

Exit 109A to US 40 E then ( dont miss exit 109A)

US 220

US 9 E in Cheraw

US 38

Takes you to 501 to MB !!

Mentioned in this post
ohio
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Thanks beachlover, we are leaving from Columbus but today found out we are stopping to visit some college friends of our sons. Their first baby (a boy) is due July 23 and if she has it by August 1 we are going to visit for a bit.

Have you ever gone the Charlotte route? I have written down your directions though for the trip home.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Your welcome, yes Charlotte is another way but allot more time, add about 1 1/2-2 hours going through Charlotte.

If they ever get the 74 corridor done it is suppose to run from Michigan to MB straight through, but I dont see it happening myself.

When going the directions I posted above, be careful and not miss some of the exits. The 74 corridor goes left off Rt 77 and allot of people miss it.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Michigan
Michigan
United States
yo. oh
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

They are making progress on the I-73/I-74 routes - but with all the funding, environmental and construction issues it is a slow process.

The good news is that the Ellerbe Bypass segment is scheduled to open this fall. - it was suppose to open last year but there were delays as the contractor went belly up. With the Ellerbe Bypass open that will remove the typical summertime weekend traffic slow down thru Ellerbe.

If you want to see the info for the various segments and updates thru NC go to http://www.duke.edu/~rmalme/prog7374.html While the Duke site is not riveting reading, it is the best "clearing house " I seen for info on the I-73/I-74 routes.

6. Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 11:20