We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Anything newly built for the 2011 season? (Trying to avoid the bedbug issues and I think newly built would seriously help that situation.) Thanks.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

North Beach Plantation

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Been going to Myrtle for over 30 years and have not encountered them yet.As far as being safe because a hotel is new I have heard they can be brought in with other peoples luggage.

North Beach Plantation opened either last summer or the summer before and is quite impressive.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

North Beach Plantation has been open for several years now. As for bedbugs some resorts have been training their staffs and have installed special covers over the box spring and mattreesses to better protect against them. there is a bedbug registry which lists places that have had issues but nothing is 100%

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

NBP opened with it's first rentals in the early fall of 2009. By the spring of 2010 as more owners closed on their condos, more units became available for the rental program. The summer of 2010 was the first busy time at North Beach, so this summer will be only the second season for the resort.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Tend to believe NMBlover's account of when North Beach opened.Seems right on the money to me.

Vermilion, Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Here's the registry website: http://bedbugregistry.com/ You can see hotels that have had bed bugs reported and read personal reviews from people. You can also see resources that give you tips and education on how to look for them and such.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

There is only 1 new hotel and it opened a few weeks ago, across from Pier 14 you can do a search of past posts, I have made mention of it a couple of times.

As has been mentioned bedbug registry is available but anyone can post anything there so take it for what it is, not reliable. And any place that had bedbugs would have taken care of the problem so would be the better place to stay if bedbugs are your concern, for me I usually always throw the blanket/comfortor on the floor in any hotel, they hardly ever wash these and you don't know what has taken place on them.

Enjoy the beach

Gary

california
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

Thanks everyone.

9. Re: New Hotels or Condos for 2011 season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 00:18